If we say, egg is magic to your hair, it won't exactly be a lie! Each component of an egg is designed to suit your hair composition, and using it in your hair care routine is like breathing life back into your mane, which is precisely why we've curated these egg hair mask recipes!
Egg contains vitamins A, D, E and K, which offer a deep nourishment to the scalp, strengthening the hair roots and reducing breakage.
What's more, egg also packs a powerful punch of Biotin. It is biotin that decides the hair volume, strength and growth rate. Herbal egg masks infuse biotin directly into the hair follicles, which in turn improves the elasticity of the hair, thereby preventing breakage.
Other than that, egg contains a high ratio of zinc, sulphur and iron, which together improve the hair texture, colour, length and quality.
To boil it all down, whether applied topically or consumed in the every day diet, egg brings a bag full of wholesome goodness to your mane.
So, what are we waiting for? Let's discover exactly how to use egg to improve hair growth!
Mask For Dry Hair
This mask helps bring shine and smoothness back into your mane!
- Take a bowl, add in 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of honey, and a few drops of grape seed oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together, until you get a frothy consistency.
- Slightly dampen your hair and apply the mask to your hair length and scalp.
- Let it sit for an hour, before shampooing and conditioning as usual!
Mask For Oily Hair
This mask adds volume to your limp hair, without making it excessively greasy.
- Take 1 egg white in a bowl, add in a teaspoon of olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Mix until all the ingredients blend well.
- Divide your hair in small sections and apply the mask liberally through your hair length and scalp.
- Tie your hair in a loose bun and let the mask sit for an hour.
- Later, rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
- Take a cup of fresh yogurt, add in 1 egg white and a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Using a fork, whip it rigorously.
- Apply the mask to your hair and scalp.
- Let the mask sit until completely dry and till the time it starts to crunch a bit.
- Using a mild shampoo, cleanse your hair thoroughly.
- Use this egg mask for hair loss at least once a week!
Hair Repairing Mask
From sealing broken cuticles, cleansing dandruff buildup to adding shine to dull hair, there is much that this egg hair mask can do!
- Take an egg yolk, add in a tablespoon of yogurt, a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Gently stir the ingredients with a fork, until it all blends into one smooth paste.
- Divide your hair; and using a brush, apply the mask evenly.
- Tie your hair in a loose knot, and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Let it sit for an hour or so and then shampoo and condition as usual!
Hair Strengthening Mask
This mask strengthens the hair roots and boosts hair growth.
- Take two egg whites in a bowl, add in 1 tablespoon of aloe vera juice, 5 drops of almond oil and 5 drops of rosemary oil.
- Beat until you get a fluffy consistency.
- Apply it to your mane and wait for an hour.
- Rinse off with plain water, and follow it up with a shampoo and conditioner.
- Tweak the content of this egg hair mask for frizzy hair as per your hair length.
Split End Mask
To repair broken, dry and rough hair shafts, try this mask.
- Take a tablespoon of reetha powder, add in one egg white and a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Mix until all the ingredients incorporate together.
- Apply the mask, and let it deeply absorb into your scalp for an hour.
- Shampoo and condition as usual.