All of us face some or the other problem when it comes to our hair and scalp. While each one of it is difficult to manage, dandruff happens to be the master of all. Ask a person affected with dandruff and you will know the kinds of problems the person faces.
On one hand the scalp is always itchy and on the other hand there are flakes forming on the scalp. The dryness becomes bothersome and no matter how much you avoid it, you do tend to take your hand to the scalp. This can be quite embarrassing when in public.
How does one get rid of this problem and keep it in control? You may be surprised to know that the solution to this is no further than your kitchen. Using lemon for dandruff and itchy scalp has been an grandmother’s recipe. In the maze of readymade solutions and over the counter products, we have forgotten those home remedies that kept our ancestors healthy and strong.
Lemon for dandruff remedy is tried and tested and is sure to work on all kinds of hair and scalps. There are various ways to use lemon, be it on its own or with other ingredients. From the following, you can choose the one that suits you the best.
• Lemon Rub: This could be simplest method you could try. Rub a slice of lemon on your scalp and let it rest for a couple of minutes. In the meantime squeeze the juice of half a lemon in a mug of water. Now rinse your hair and scalp with this lemon water. You can repeat this two to three times a week till you get relief from dandruff. But a word of caution: Using too much lemon on your hair can lead to hair getting bleached due to the acidic nature of lemon.
• Oil And Lemon: When using lemon for dandruff and itchy scalp, it would be a good idea to use it with oil. If you wish to make an instant solution, then stir one teaspoon of lemon juice in a two tablespoons of oil. Apply on scalp and hair and let it rest for at least one hour. Wash as regular. Another method would be to add lemon peels to a cup of coconut oil. Leave the peel and oil for a month to create an effective remedy.
• Lemon Pack: This is a cure for dandruff as well as a nourishing pack for the tresses. In a bowl lightly beat one whole egg, a tablespoon of oil and juice of half a lemon. Apply this pack evenly across the tresses and on the scalp. Let the pack sit for at least half an hour and then shampoo as usual.
• Fenugreek and lemon: Fenugreek seeds soaked overnight and ground to a paste are nourishing for the hair and scalp. Adding a teaspoon of lemon juice to a tablespoon of fenugreek paste will not only nourish your hair but also be a remedy for dandruff.
• Yoghurt And Lemon: Dry hair benefits from a pack containing yogurt. Yogurt and gram flour packs are often applied for nourishment and moisturizing. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to it and get the added advantage of a dandruff treatment remedy.
Lemon is a versatile citrus which is used as a remedy and prevention for many conditions. When it comes to using lemon for dandruff and itchy scalp the options are many. The ones mentioned here can be used as a combination to supply constant nourishment to the hair and scalp and also serve as a dandruff treatment. What is required is a little patience soon you will find yourself free from the dandruff problem.