- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 January 2020
- 11 hrs ago Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- 12 hrs ago 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- 13 hrs ago Did You Know These Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Before Bed
- News MHA takes control over police postings in Jammu and Kashmir
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 11 Worldwide Box Office: Film Maintains A Winning Streak
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Men who value hair more than health can add one more item to their long list of creams, potions and medicines: ''Baldness calculator''. This beneficiary computer program predicts if and when you will go bald. It is said to be the world's first reliable tool for predicting hair loss.
The 'baldness calculator' calculates the exact age at which someone will go bald or have lost most of their hair. It also provides reassurance by predicting that they will still have a full head of hair in old age. The program devised by German scientists asks users about their age, marital status, occupation, where they live, what their current hairline is, hair loss in their family and their stress levels.
More and more men value full hair but especially younger men. They are looking for a partner and very conscious about their looks. They are at the peak of their social lives and concerned about being accepted within their social groups. Young men also get concerned that if they lose their hair, they will cease to be attractive to others whereas older men don't care so much.
Genetic predisposition is by far the most common cause of baldness. But other factors include severe, long-term emotional stress, perhaps associated with a divorce or the loss of a close relative. A poor diet can fail to provide the hair with sufficient nutrients and men who wear headgear in call centers or helmets on construction sites motorbikes may be putting their hair roots at risk of being pulled out or losing density.
More than half a million German men used it within ten days of it being unveiled there and three million men have tried it out globally so far. The male baldness calculator aims to raise awareness among men.