TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four Accused Including Aseemanand Acquitted In Samjauta Express Blast Case
- IPL 2019: Five Foreign Players Who Could Rock The Tournament
- Vodafone Offers 50% Discount On Amazon Prime Subscription
- Bajaj Qute Launched In India At Rs 2.63 Lakh — A Quadricycle Threat To Small Cars?
- Why Investors Are Dumping Auto Stocks And Buying Banking Stocks?
- Zee Cine Awards 2019 Winners List
- How Lord Krishna Killed Kamsa: The Story Of Kamsa Vadh
- Calangute, The Ideal Getaway For Beach Bums Does Exist!
It's a good thing to pamper your hands and nails once in a while. Although, you might not realise it, your nails need a lot of care and attention. And, if you do not provide adequate attention to your nails, they might get brittle over time and end up breaking.
And, when you can treat your nails and hands to the goodness of a manicure by merely sitting at home, why not, right? Besides, a good and impressive manicure is what your nails require from time to time. And, manicure does not just mean cleaning nails and applying a coat of nail paint. It is a lengthy process that requires time and patience to clean your nails, give them a shape, file them, brush them, and give them a colourful look.
Moreover, manicure is a process which involves not just nails, but also hands as a whole. The process involves massaging your hands with a hand cream, cleaning them, thereby increasing blood circulation.
Speaking of manicure, there are several types to it, one of them being mirror manicure.
What Is Mirror Manicure?
If you are the one who is fond of metallic nail polish, mirror manicure is the thing for you. It basically involves applying a coat of black nail polish as a base coat and then adding some mirror powder to it. This powder will help to give your nails a glossy look - just like a mirror. You then just have to add a top transparent coat to get that mirrored look and you are good to go.
Benefits Of Mirror Manicure
Listed below are some of the essential benefits of mirror manicure:
- Detoxifies your nails
- Softens nail cuticles
- Strengthens brittle nails
- Nourishes the skin on your hands
- Prevents dark patches on hands
- Removes hangnails
- Exfoliates your skin
How To Do Mirror Manicure At Home?
To start off, you would need some ingredients handy while you treat yourself to the goodness of mirror manicure at home. Listed below are some of the materials required.
- 1 bowl hot water
- hand massaging cream
- moisturising cream
- nail paint
- top coat
- mirror powder (easily available in the market)
- nail filer
- nail scrubber
Steps to do mirror manicure at home
- Start your manicure by prepping your nails. You can cut your nails, file them, and give them a desired shape. Once you are done, you can move on to the next step.
- Massage your nails and hands with a hand massaging cream for at least five minutes.
- Next, take a bowl filled with hot water and dip your hands in it. Ensure that the water is warm enough for you to dip your hands in it. Let your hands relax for about 15-20 minutes until the water cools down.
- Once you remove your hands from the water, wipe them dry with a clean cloth and scrub your fingernails to remove any dead skin.
- Now the actual mirror manicure begins. Apply a thick coat of black nail paint on your nails. This will act as your base nail polish.
- Once it is all dried up, apply a transparent top coat over it.
- Now, immediately after you apply the transparent coat, you need to add some mirror powder to it and blend it nicely. Once done, let the top coat dry. You can then apply another double coat of transparent nail polish to ensure double safety.
- It will give you that amazing glassy look.
- Lastly, after your nail polish is dried off completely, you can massage your fingers and hands using a moisturising cream to keep them soft and supple.
Now that you know what good mirror manicure can do to your hands, it's time you give it a try at home this weekend.