- 54 min ago Healthy Black-Coloured Foods You Must Include In Your Diet
- 2 hrs ago 20 Healthy And Easy Foods For One-Year-Old Baby
- 3 hrs ago Saina Nehwal Flaunts 5 Stunning Lehengas And We Have Our Favourite Pick; Find Out
- 3 hrs ago Karishma Tanna’s Classy Red Cape Gown Is All You Need To Make Statement At Cocktail Parties
- Movies Neha Kakkar Gives Rs 1 Lakh To Indian Idol 12 Contestant Shahzad Ali After Being Moved By His Story
- News AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine safe, Indian trials progressing smoothly
- Sports Proteas and England stars set for mouth-watering T20 series after IPL heroics
- Automobiles 2021 Kawasaki Z H2 SE Globally Unveiled: The Japenese Supercharged Naked Becomes More Serious
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
- Technology Airtel, Reliance Jio, Vi Work From Plans That Offer Data Up To 100GB
- Finance LTC Scheme: Now Insurance Premiums Paid Also Eligible For Reimbursement
- Education CSEET Result 2020: ICSI Releases CS Executive Entrance Test CSEET November 2020 Result
Picture this: you've just returned home after a long day at work. You take your shoes off as you enter your house and are assailed with the most blasphemous stink. What in the world is it? Is it a dead rat? No, it's your feet, and they need urgent help.
Remedies for smelly feet are a dime a dozen, but which ones actually work is usually a mystery. Today we sift through some effective remedies for smelly feet that make sure your feet are healthy and happy, for the long term.
Our feet provide a fertile breeding ground for bacteria because they're exposed to so much dirt and pollution, and also because of closed shoes and thick socks, which suffocate them. Further, our feet tend to have several sweat glands and some people really do sweat more than others, further amplifying bacterial growth on their feet.
Some basics to remember when you're aspiring for happy feet that smell fine are: wearing open-toed footwear, opting for cotton socks over nylon socks and cleaning your shoes and socks regularly.
It goes without saying that your feet should be clean at all times as well. These DIY home remedies are also renowned stink busters and are worth giving a shot. Take a look at the simple DIY remedies to treat the problem of smelly feet for good.
The Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey Soak:
Apple cider vinegar is an antibacterial agent and gently sloughs away dead skin cells too. It also moisturizes your feet and ensures bacteria don't get a chance to thrive. Honey, similarly, has antimicrobial properties and helps nourish your skin. Soak your feet in a basin of water with one tea cup of ACV and two teaspoons of honey. Swirl it in and soak your feet in this for about 45 minutes, no less. If this simple remedy for smelly feet is done regularly, you'll find a permanent cure for the problem.
The Epsom Salt Soak:
Epsom salt is nothing but magnesium sulphate, which can be bought over the counter (OTC) from any pharmacy. It has healing and stress-relieving properties, and is a wonderful DIY remedy for stinky feet. Dissolve two teaspoons of Epsom salt in a basin of warm water and soak your feet for a minimum of 45 minutes. You'll feel less stressed and your feet will smell better too! This shows best results if done regularly.
The Antacid Soak:
Dissolve two fizzy antacid tablets in a basin of water and soak your feet for 45 minutes. The antacid contains citric acid, baking soda and other salts that are good for your feet and leave you with odourless tootsies, if done regularly.
The Sage And Rosemary Soak:
Fill a basin with boiling water and add two teaspoons of dried sage and two teaspoons of dried rosemary. Let the herbs steep till they've produced a fragrant sage and rosemary tea, and then soak your feet in the basin once the water has cooled down sufficiently. The water you soak your feet in should be lukewarm and not too hot. Regular usage of this herbal soak can bring about heartening results.
The Tea Soak:
You can use any tea for this soak, but black tea is best because it has more tannins. Boil some tea decoction and mix it into a basin of warm water. Soak your feet in this. The tannins and antioxidants in the tea can stop bacterial growth and prevent foot odour. If done regularly, this is a sure-shot remedy for getting rid of smelly feet for good!
So, don't forget to try these wonderful and simple remedies to say adieu to smelly feet forever!