Spa treatments are wonders to the body; but do come with a heavy price at the salon. Time and cost both come in the way. So, how about having an everyday spa right at home?
Okay, if everyday spa will take over the magic of it at least it can be once in a week. Yes, spa is possible at home whenever you want, if you have the right ingredients and facilities.
Doing this spa requires no third person and you can just relax yourself in your own way. This spa simply rejuvenates your bath process, so that by the end of it, your body from head to toe is detoxified.
Presenting to you seven simple ways to make your bath process become a true spa experience, in the following ways.
Start With A Hair Treatment
Those who are used to the spas at a salon will very well know that a spa starts with hair treatment only.
- In hair treatment, you start with a good massage session using olive or coconut oil (little warmed up in the microwave).
- Next, dip a towel in hot water, squeeze out all extra water and wrap it around your head for a good steam.
- At the third step, you can do a hair mask with simple ingredients like egg or banana mixed with honey.
- Lastly, wash off the mask thoroughly with a mild shampoo and conditioning must be followed.
Pedicure & Manicure
Once the hair session is over, pay extra attention to your hands and feet. The more you pamper them, the better you will feel.
- Use simple scrubs on your palms and hands.
- Clear the scrub and then use a mask to whiten them.
- Lastly, massage the feet and palm with an oil.
Yes, every spa reserves a good time for the facial. Spa facial is possible at home with a simple DIY facial pack. Prepare the following spa face pack and massage it for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the spa facial pack, you will need - cold cream, curd, raw honey, aloe vera gel and chopped avocado pieces.
- After grinding these in the blender, you will get a yellow thick paste which you have to apply all over your face till your neckline and massage.
- After 20 minutes, wash off the facial pack.
At the fourth place of your spa experience at home comes the body scrubbing part. This will clear off all existing dirt and dust on your body and add to the refreshment element.
- Body scrub ingredients for spa at home include - sugar, oatmeal powder and olive oil.
- Mix all the above ingredients to a rough paste and rub it all over your body.
- Do stop if you get an irritation anywhere or continue doing so for about ten minutes, so that your body is completely cleansed by the end of the process.
- Please note you have to use granular sugar only for this scrub to work on your skin.
Rose Water Bath
After the scrub, your body will be a little irritated and would need a soothing comfort. For this, we suggest a milk bath.
To prepare a milk bath at home you'll need:
- 8-10 big mugs of raw milk
- 2 small cups of raw honey
- 20-25 drops of essential oil
- 1/2 small cup of organic coconut oil
- Some fresh rose petals
Shower To Sauna
At the salon, the milk bath follows with a sauna and you can do it at home as well.
- Close all ventilations in the bathroom and turn on the shower at the highest temperature for 20 minutes.
- Do not enter the bathroom until the first 20 minutes of heated shower is done.
Hot Body Massage
End your bath-cum-spa at home with a hot body massage at the end.
- To do this body massage, take a body lotion in a bowl and warm it in the microwave.
- Next, take scoops of the lotion and massage it on your body.
- The massage has a path to follow. Start from your toes, move to the thighs, and then the stomach area. Massage on the hands, at the back and lastly don't forget the face.