- Automobiles Tata Motors Announces Mega Service Camp: Offers Vehicle Health Checks, Discounts & More
- Sports Review blunders haunt New Zealand against England
- Movies Adithya Varma Twitter Review: Here’s What Audiences Feel About The Dhruv Vikram Starrer!
- News Karnataka bypolls: 165 candidates in fray, Congress, BJP both have 15 candidates
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A71 Renders Surfaces Online With A Quad-Camera Setup
- Finance CSB Bank IPO Opens On 22 November: Things To Know
- Travel 10 Honeymoon Destinations In India – Let The Honeymoon Begin!
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Did you know that tangy sweet lemon can literally work its magic on your skin? If you have been using lemon for your skin, you know exactly what it can do, but if you have not, you may be missing out on something.
To save you the time and research, we present to you incredible beauty uses of lemon juice.
However, before we explore the homemade lemon juice mask, you need to know the properties of lemon and what it can do to your skin.
Lemon contains over 6% citric acid and more vitamin C than any fruit you can get your hands on. Vitamin C, protects your skin against free radicals, sloughs off dead skin cells, revealing clear skin underneath. Plus, lemon juice has a good amount of bleaching properties, which help lighten the skin.
Not just that, lemon contains vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B5, which slow down the skin's ageing process, bolster collagen level, which in turn improve the skin's elasticity.
Added to that, lemon has a high ratio of zinc, potassium and proteins, which make the skin soft, smooth and radiant.
Now that you know exactly what lemon can do for your skin, let's explore how to use lemon juice on skin.
Antibacterial and antifungal properties of lemon kill the infection-causing bacteria, which in turn drys out acne and removes blackheads.
Cut a ripe lemon in slices.
Coat it with a little amount of honey and rub it directly on the affected area. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse it clean.
For Teeth Whitening:
To remove discolouration and make your teeth white, here is what you can do.
Take a teaspoon of baking soda, mix it with a few drops of lemon juice. Mix well until it forms a paste.
Massage it to your teeth. Let it sit for a minute and then gargle with lukewarm water.
As A Foot Scrub:
To remove dead skin layer in your feet and even out the skin tone, here is what you can do.
Take two tablespoons of brown sugar, mix it with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice.
Scrub your feet in a circular motion with the concoction. Do it for 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
To Treat Dandruff:
To get rid of flaky dandruff once and for all, here is a little trick. Apply lemon juice directly to your scalp, let it sit for an hour or so and then rinse your scalp clean with a mild shampoo.