- 9 hrs ago Coffee Drinkers Have 50% Less Risk Of Liver Cancer, Claims Study
- 10 hrs ago 12 Best Leg Exercises For Women To Try At Home
- 10 hrs ago Ananya Panday And Shanaya Kapoor’s Outfits Are Not Ideal For Parties But For Casual Gatherings
- 11 hrs ago 9 Traits Of November Born People That You May Not Know
- Movies Parineeti Chopra Drops Out Of Bhuj: The Pride Of India Due To Date Constraints
- News Maharashtra govt formation: Governor asks NCP to stake claim, sets 8.30 pm deadline
- Sports Hope hits a hundred as West Indies complete Afghanistan whitewash
- Technology Alleged Poco F2 Spigen Case Leaks Online: Here’s What It Looks Like
- Travel 6 Silly And Common Mistakes Passengers Make At The Airport
- Automobiles Renault Triber Top Spec RxZ Variant Gets Bigger Wheels
- Finance Why Should You Stay Away From EMI-Like Gold Schemes Run By Jewellers?
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
There is more to garlic than its pungent odour and colon-cleansing properties. What if we say garlic can dry out acne, reduce blemishes and increase hair growth? Don't believe us? Here are some off-beat beauty uses of garlic that you will thank us for!
Before listing out these ingenious beauty uses of garlic, let us first understand the properties of garlic, and how exactly they can make a difference to your skin.
Garlic is rich in anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, which can treat, heal and repair skin conditions like ring worms and corn.
It also packs a powerful punch of allicin and selenium, which cleanse the skin of impurities, clear out acne without leaving any scar.
What's more, garlic is rich in vitamin B6, vitamin C and antioxidants, which minimize pores, form a protective barrier on the skin against free radicals, slow down the ageing process and remove pigmentation.
Before you try on your first homemade garlic face mask, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
Though effective, garlic is not for everyone, especially for those with a sensitive skin. So, patch test it first before direct application.
And, without further ado, here is how to use garlic on the skin. Check it out!
Minimizing The Pores
Open pores is an open invitation for dirt and bacteria to clog your skin, and here is how you can shrink it.
Take 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, add 1 crushed garlic pod. Whip until you get a thin paste. Apply a thin mask onto your face and neck. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse it clean.
To Dry Out Pimples
Mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, with an equal amount of garlic juice or oil. Using a cotton ball, apply it several times in a day, directly onto the pimple. Wait till it dries completely before rinsing it clean. Use garlic to clear pimples sparingly and if skin starts burning too much, rinse it out immediately.
To Treat Acne
Take a tablespoon of fuller earth clay, add a few drops of garlic oil, and using rose water, whip it into a smooth paste. Cleanse your face and apply a thin coat of the mask. Wait till it dries completely, then rinse it gently with cold water. Pat dry using a soft towel.
To Beat Ringworms
Take a tablespoon of garlic oil, heat it in low flame for 10 seconds. Turn off the heat and allow the oil to cool down. When the oil is lukewarm, sprinkle a few drops on a cotton pad. And gently dab it on the affected area. Repeat two times a day.
As An Anti-ageing Mask
Garlic has a high ratio of sulphur, which boosts collagen level of the skin, making the skin taut and supple.
Take 1 egg white, add 5 drops of almond oil, 2 dried garlic pod powder and whip it until you get a frothy consistency. Apply it to your face and neck, wait till it dries completely and then wash it off with plain water.
As A Hair Growth Mask
Garlic has all the essential minerals required to boost your hair growth. Massage your scalp with slightly warm garlic oil. Let it sit for an hour, rinse it clean with a mild shampoo. Use garlic for hair growth at least twice in a week.