- 46 min ago LFW 2020: Here's What You Can Expect From Amit Aggarwal's Summer Resort Grand Finale Collection
- 1 hr ago 16 Wholesome Foods To Help Relieve Stress Naturally
- 1 hr ago How To Recreate Sonam Kapoor’s Stunning Blue Eye Make-up Look With Just 6 Products
- 1 hr ago Stress And Anxiety During Pregnancy? Here Are Some Helpful Tips
- News Anurag Thakur gets EC notice over 'Goli Maaro' slogans at election rally
- Technology Motorola G8 Renders Surface Online: Punch-Hole Display, Triple-Rear Cameras Tipped
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Odisha FC vs FC Goa: Preview, Team News, Dream11, Fantasy Tips, Prediction, TV Info
- Automobiles BharatBenz BS-VI Trucks & Buses Revealed With New Connectivity Tech
- Movies Vijay To Team Up With THIS Director For His Next?
- Finance 5 Best NRE FD Accounts for NRI’s
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Vitamin B12 is one of the most important constituents that our skin needs to look its best. A healthy dose of vitamin B12 makes the skin look more radiant. Vitamin B12 deficiency may lead to several skin problems including eczema, hyper-pigmentation and dry skin.
Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient found in most animal sources of food. Everyone requires at least 2.4 milligrams of vitamin B12 per day. However, the requirement varies from person to person. Vitamin B12 is present in the liver, meat, eggs, shellfish, cheese, muscle meat, fish, etc.
Deficiency of vitamin B12 leads to disorders such as memory failure, anaemia, loss of appetite, anxiety and osteoporosis. Vegetarians are at a higher risk of developing vitamin B12 deficiency. Therefore, they can go in for vitamin B12 supplements to prevent these disorders.
Vitamin B12 has a significant impact on your health. It is vital for the formation of red blood cells and proper functioning of the nerve cells.
In this article, we at Boldsky are listing out some of the ways in which vitamin B12 benefits your skin and hair. Read on to know more about it.
Eczema is directly linked to vitamin B12 deficiency, and thus intake of vitamin B12 can treat eczema and its symptoms. Consume vitamin B12 rich foods and put eczema at bay.
Vitamin B12 helps to heal damaged skin. It evens out the skin tone, prevents hyper-pigmentation that causes darkening of the skin. It reduces skin pigmentation to a large extent.
Promotes Hair Growth
Vitamin B12 promotes hair growth by assisting in the formation of red blood cells. Its is one of the vital nutrients that your hair requires to enhance its growth.
Intake of vitamin B12 is also known to remove dark spots and blemishes on the skin and cure uneven pigmentation.
Poor nail health is another symptom of vitamin B12 deficiency. Brittle nails and rigged nail surfaces are indicatives of vitamin B12 deficiency.
Prevents Premature Hair Loss
Inadequate amounts of vitamin B12 slows down the hair growth and also results in hair loss. Consuming foods rich in vitamin B12 helps combat hair loss and promotes hair growth.
Prevents Dull Skin
Dull or unhealthy skin is an indication of vitamin B12 deficiency. Including vitamin B12-rich foods in your diet adds moisture to the skin, thereby making the skin more radiant.