- 2 hrs ago Over 104.5 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Provided To States, UTs: Centre
- 8 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2021: Rubina Dilaik, Raveena Tandon, And Other Divas In Their Gorgeous Ethnic Suits
- 18 hrs ago Deficiency Of These Vitamins And Minerals Can Cause Insomnia
- 20 hrs ago COVID-19: Back-To-School Tips For Parents And Children
- Finance 3 Best Sectoral Equity Funds For SIP In 2021 With 1 Year Returns Over 100%
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021, Group 2, Afghanistan vs Scotland: Teams look to open campaign with win
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 5 Elimination: Priya Gets Evicted From The Show
- News Amit Shah to inaugurate research centre at IIT Jammu, address rally today
- Technology How To Check Jio Number: USSD Codes, SMS, MyJio App And More
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
- Automobiles Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
Every woman will have her favourite lipstick shade in her cosmetic box. There is no doubt that it is important to highlight a woman’s lips. After all, they are referred to as the ‘rosy lips’.
But, there are many disadvantages of using lipsticks because of the materials that are used in making them.
Care should be taken to use lipsticks only on special occasions or make sure that you apply lipstick once a day only. The quality of the lipstick also matters. Always prefer quality products, avoid cheap and low grade ones. This will drastically solve most of the problems that are caused by the lipsticks.
There are a few things that you need to consider when it comes to lips care. Apart from the direct action on lips, the harmful chemicals in the lipsticks can be dangerous to your overall health as well. The constant contact with skin and accidental entry into the body system through licking are the common reasons for this.
The following are a few harmful effects of lipsticks that can occur if you use low quality products constantly.
Studies have shown that lipsticks have concerning levels of chromium, cadmium and magnesium. This will result in increasing your risk to dangerous diseases and organ damage. High levels of cadmium can be stored in the kidney and finally result in renal failure. Applying and re-applying lipsticks many times during the day can lead to stomach tumors. These are some of the harmful effects of lipsticks.
It has been revealed that most of the lipsticks have a dangerously high amount of lead. Lead is a neurotoxin and can affect the nervous system. It can also cause brain damage. This is one of the reasons for hormone imbalance and infertility. Even if it's taken in small quantities, it can have drastic effects on the body.
This is one of the materials used in making lipsticks. This is also harmful for the health. These are chemicals that are made from crude oil and natural gas. Consumption of this can cause endocrine disruption, which interferes with growth, reproduction, development and intelligence. This is one of the harmful effects of lipsticks.
Formaldehyde and Mineral Oil
Formaldehyde is a preservative, which is also known as human carcinogen. Wheezing, coughing, irritation of the eyes and skin are other effects of formaldehyde. Mineral oil is another ingredient which is used in lipstick to block the pores. Many of the harmful effects of lipsticks are due to these chemicals.
Parabens and Bismuth oxy chloride
These are two other ingredients that are used in the making of lipsticks. The harmful effect of lipsticks is due to the carcinogenic property of these two ingredients. The parabens act as preservatives just like the formaldehyde. Though this is used in preserving the lipstick, it is very harmful for the body.
Never compromise on quality while buying lipsticks. Keep their use minimum. You can also try homemade lipsticks for safety reasons.