Nerves are considered to be the lifeline of human beings. Even the slightest of damage might lead to several neurological disorders and problems. If not taken care of on time it might lead one to become mentally challenged and differently abled.
The foremost thing we need to understand is the risk factors associated with the damage of the nervous system. Autoimmune disorders, stress, lack of sleep, accidents or the side effects of antibiotics are a few of the risk factors.
Also Read: Yoga Asanas For Headache
Yet another aspect to be taken care of is the symptoms. If you see any early signs of nerve problems like pain, numbness, tingling sensation or difficulty in sleeping, you need to get it tested immediately.
There are several medications and treatment procedures for nerve health, but of all these, yoga is found to have the best treatment procedure. Ardha Pincha Mayurasana is one such yoga asana which has been found to stimulate the nervous system.
Also Read: Yoga Asanas For Brain
The word Ardha Pincha Mayurasana commonly known as Dolphin Pose comes from the Sanskrit word 'Ardha' which means half, 'Pincha' which means feathers, 'Mayura' which means peacock and 'Asana' which means pose.
Here is the step-wise procedure on how one can perform Ardha Pincha Mayurasana. Take a look.
Step-by-step Procedure To Perform Ardha Pincha Mayurasana:
1. To begin with, stand straight. Slowly come down to kneeling position.
2. The forearms, fingers and the palms should rest on the floor.
3. Make sure that the shoulders and elbows are in the same line.
4. Slowly lift your hips as well as the back as well as your legs.
5. The spine should be straight.
6. Your feet should be wide apart and the toes should face forward.
7. Once you come up to the position, allow your head and neck to hang.
8. Take deep breaths, hold on to the position for a while and then release.
9. Slowly come out of the position.
Other Benefits Of Ardha Pincha Mayurasana:
Helps to strengthen the arms.
Helps to stimulate the digestive organs.
Helps to relieve headaches and back pain.
Helps to strengthen the shoulders.
Helps to aid those suffering from asthma.
Helps to strengthen the hamstrings.
Helps to relieve fatigue.
Helps to stimulate the reproductive organs.
People suffering from chronic arm and back pain, shoulder injury and those with high blood pressure should avoid doing the Ardha Pincha Mayurasana. They should only practise it under the supervision of a yoga instructor.