Want to cook a restaurant style vegetarian dish at home? Well its very easy to have the same restaurant flavours in the food that you prepare. The main flavour of kadai paneer comes from the coriander seeds and the Kashmiri red chilli powder used in it. A tangy taste is added to this paneer recipe with a mixture of tomato puree and spices. This vegetarian dish can serve as an ideal main course dish for both rice or chapattis. As panner is cottage cheese you can also call this paneer recipe a cheese curry.
Here are is the recipe for kadai paneer.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese)- 400gms
- Onions- 2 ( finely chopped)
- Tomatoes- 2-3 (paste)
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 3-4tbsp
- Whole Red Chilli- 5-6
- Coriander Powder- 1 ½tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric Powder- ½tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder- 2tsp
- Capsicum- 1 ( finely chopped)
- Red Bell Pepper- 1 ( finely chopped)
- Cashew Nuts- 8-10 (fine paste)
- Black Pepper- 1tsp
- Sugar- 1 ½ tbsp
- Coriander Leaves- ½ cup ( finely chopped)
- Salt-To taste
- Vegetable Oil- 3-4tbsp
- Take the paneer and cut it into small cubes. Fry these lightly in 1tbsp of oil in a frying pan over a gas oven. Strain the extra oil and keep it aside.
- Take ginger garlic paste and the whole red chillies together and make a fine paste of it in the blender. Keep this aside in a small bowl.
- Now take a frying pan over the gas oven and pour 2tbsp vegetable oil into it.
- Add the onion slices to the same pan and fry until it turns slightly golden in colour.
- Now add the ginger garlic and red chilli paste to the onions . Stir fry for 2-3 minutes over a medium flame.
- Sprinkle the coriander, cumin, turmeric and Kashmiri red chilli powder on the contents of the pan. Saute well for 3-4 minutes over a low flame.
- Its time to add the capsicum and red bell peppers now. After you add it, stir the ingredients in the pan for 2-3 minutes over a medium flame.
- Now add the cashew nut paste, black pepper powder and sugar to the mixture. Stir well for a minute on a low flame.
- Add the paneer pieces and garnish with coriander leaves and cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
- If the mixture of the kadai paneer turns too dry then pour a cup of water into it and bring it to a boil.
- Your kadai paneer is now ready to be served.
Serve the kadai paneer to your guests in small colourful bowls. Make sure the kadai paneer is still hot when you serve it. This yummy paneer recipe is sure to delight the taste buds of all vegetarians and non vegetarians alike.