Paneer or tofu is a diary product that has many health benefits. If made with skimmed or low fat milk, paneer can be a healthy food that can be easily included in the diet. Vegetarians prefer adding this ingredient to many of the dishes. Be it a paneer sabzi or a paneer snack, the dishes are very tasty and the recipes are easy! When it comes to preparing dishes for kids, you have very few items to choose from as kids are very selective.
When kids return from school, they want to have noodles or anything that is unhealthy for their growth and development. If you try to make them paranthas, they only run away from the table! So, to make your kids love the food, you have to become creative in your approach. Decorating dishes with fruits or syrup can tempt your child but, you can also try new and easy recipes. To make your kid eat paranthas, try this paneer parantha recipe.
Paneer parantha recipe:
- Paneer/cottage cheese, mashed- 1 cup
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Capsicum, chopped- 1
- Green chillies, chopped- 2
- Garlic paste- 1 tsp (optioanl)
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Wheat flour/maida- 2 cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Ghee- 1 tbsp
Directions to make paneer parantha:
- Knead a dough with wheat or maida flour. In a bowl, add the flour and mix with water. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pour the ghee. Knead a smooth dough and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. When the seeds start popping, add garlic (optional), onion and capsicum. Saute till the vegetables become tender.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, garam masala and green chillies. When the masala looks cooked, add the mashed paneer. Mix well so that the paneer absorbs the spices. Put the pan off flame.
- Heat tawa (a flat pan). Take the dough and make small round balls of it. Roll them into paranthas and roast on the tawa. Use oil when the paranthas turn brown.
- Place the flat round parantha on a plate. Put the paneer stuffing on the middle and sprinkle onion. Pour tomato ketchup and then roll the parantha. Paneer parantha is ready to eat!
Serve paneer parantha hot. You can also call it paneer roll to tempt your kid.