- 1 hr ago 6 Impressive Health Benefits Of Buckwheat Tea
- 1 hr ago Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, And Ananya Panday Have Ultimate Party Wear Goals For Us
- 1 hr ago Try Out These Easy Hairstyles Tonight To Wake Up With Perfect Curls
- 2 hrs ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Flaunt Vibrant Outfits At Harmandir Sahib
- Movies Action Movie Review: 'Logic' Goes For A Toss In This Vishal Starrer!
- Technology Xiaomi e-Book Reader To Be Announced On November 20: Will It Rival Amazon Kindle?
- News CJI Gogoi sits on bench for last time in court number 1 before he retires on Nov 17
- Sports MS Dhoni feeds a girl child on her Annaprashana, video goes viral - Watch
- Finance This Is Why Bank Stocks Surged In Friday's Session
- Automobiles Royal Enfield’s DIY Basic Video Instructions For 650 Twins: Covers Starting Trouble & More
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Religion has increasingly come under the ambit of public discourse, with large sections of believers as well as non believers questioning its validity and credibility. Over the many few centuries since religion has seen evolution,interpretations of religious concepts have undergone a radical change as well. In this article, while we discuss the purpose of religion and answer some fundamental questions about religion- for instance, why does religion exist? Why are people religious?- we look at the scope and idea of a true world religion.
Speaking of a true world religion, the first thing that strikes our mind because of the presence of the word "world" , is for religion to exist in such a manner so as to eradicate discrimination and separatism completely. The word "world" here refers to inclusion of people beyond barriers created by humans themselves.
As such, in today's world, it can easily be said, with the way societies are functioning, no religion can actually be called a religion that represents or envisions an ideal society. Thus, in this defiled world, the definition of true religion can only relate to a belief system that strongly and unequivocally embraces respect, love, compassion and regard for human dignity.
As the mind evolves in the years to come, the interpretation of religion is going to see further change- something that cannot be doubted as a fact. And as time progresses, there is only one thing that can give religion the respect it deserves- I,.e if the people of a particular faith centre their lives on spreading happiness and peace for all beings on the face of the planet.