- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 15 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 17 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 17 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- News Unnao rape survivor’s father demands Hyderabad like encounter for accused
- Sports Virat Kohli gets brutally honest with his batting: 'Young batsmen, don't watch'
- Technology Vodafone, Airtel Remove Cap On Voice Calls, Offer Free Unlimited Calling To Other Networks
- Movies KGF: Chapter 1 Emerges The Most-Viewed Indian Movie Of 2019 On Amazon Prime!
- Finance SEBI Directs LIC, BoB And SBI To Reduce Stake In UTI AMC
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Aramporul kandaarkan il.
Men of virtue and discernment will not commit the folly,Of lusting after other men's wives.
Righteous and enlightened men will certainly not be guilty of the sin of coveting other women; the stress here is particularly on other men's wives. It is stupid to entertain amorous thoughts about one, who belongs to another. Though the words used are "property of another' the idea is "wife of another' this angle of the wife being the "possession of the husband', is in keeping with the ideas of the period and is not something to be shocked about. In fact, the Tamils were quite liberal in the treatment of women, to the extent of preaching substantial equality of sexes, even in the good old days, by comparing union of man and wife to nexus between body and life.
Udambodu uyiridai yenna mattranna
Madanthaiyodu yemidai nattpu
The present chapter is an amplification of righteous conduct in a specific direction. Biblical support for the precept is had in the following rather euphemistic lines.
"so he who goeth in to his neighbour's wife;
whosoever touch her shall not be innocent'