- 5 hrs ago Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- 5 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- 5 hrs ago Style Alert! Neha Kakkar Teams Her Favourite Green Dramatic Dress With Black Boots And It’s A Perfect Match
- 6 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Maha Ashtami Puja Muhurta, Rituals and Significance
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs RR: Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation, Highlights
- Movies Nakuul Mehta’s Wife Jankee Reveals Their Two-Month-Old Son Was Diagnosed With Bilateral Inguinal Hernia
- Automobiles 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo Revealed: Features Aesthetic Changes and Performance Upgrades
- News India fights corona: State-wise data of anti-coronavirus vaccination
- Education GIC Admit Card 2021 For Officer Scale I Released
- Technology Infinix Hot 10 Play With Helio G35 SoC Officially Announced; Price, Specifications
- Finance What is Cheque Bounce?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
Poatri olukap padum
If a man aspires to the fullness of virtue,He should cherish the practice of forbearance.
Any person, who seeks to achieve the fullness of the virtue of self-control, should practise patience and forbearance assiduously. The word 'Niraiyudaimai' of perfection, has been explained by Manakudavar as the practice of eschewing what should be eschewed and cherishing what should be cherished. Kalinagar would give it the meaning 'Adakamudaimai' or self-control. This reminds one of Emersons's beautiful line. 'His heart was as great as the world but there was no room in it to hold the memory of a wrong'.
The Gita speaks at length of the control of the senses and of desires and emotions as a yoga of full self-control before union with the Lord himself. The only difference here is that Valluvar present the case from a rational stand-point of practical application, without relating it to the religious ultimate.
(Gita 6: 18,19)