- 5 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 8 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 9 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 9 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Lions Gold Awards 2020 Winners List: Shaheer, Hina, Jennifer, Shraddha, Dheeraj & Others Bag Awards
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
If the finger that pricked the eye belonged not to us, but to a stranger, we will take a harsh view of the matter and promptly pick up a quarrel with him. If the finger belonged to our own dear child, we condone the little one and smile it away, which only goes to show how human we become when we realize the oneness of things. Our Rishis realized the oneness among all alike and declared it to the world. Lack of proper education keeps us from seeing it.
If today I am addressing you and you are all listening to me, seated so comfortably, it is because many people have worked for many hard years to construct this school. The world is giving us so much, so many comforts, so many facilities. How shall I repay this debt? Whatever I may do to repay, still I will be deeply indebted to society. Our attitude should be that even if I have to weep, let everybody else laugh. Without this spirit of service, life will be dull. Whatever we have, must be shared with others.
Lord Narayana once called the devas and rakshasas to Him and said:
"All of you are my sons. Tomorrow, I shall arrange a banquet for all of you. Mother Lakshmi will prepare delicious dishes and keep them ready. You have to serve yourselves and eat, but without bending your elbows'." On hearing this, and not liking the strings attached to the invitation, the rakshasas walked away. The devas, on the other hand, attended the feast. Without bending their elbows, they fed one another, all ate well, and were happy.
Likewise, we should serve all those in need. It is only then that the whole world will be a happy place to live in.
About the author
Swami Chinmayananda the great master's lectures were an outpour of wisdom. He introduced the Geetha Gnana Yagna. He wrote a lot of books on spirituality, commentaries to Vedantic texts, children books etc. He then started spreading His teachings globally.....