- 3 hrs ago Bigg Boss 16 ‘Circus Theme’ House Reflects Bold Colours, Effervescent Patterns, And Eclectic Vibe
- 4 hrs ago Nobel Prize For Literature: French Writer Annie Ernaux Wins Award
- 4 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Breathe Easy, This Sale Season: Upto 40% Off On Air Purifier
- 4 hrs ago Karva Chauth 2022: Alia Bhatt To Katrina Kaif, Red Ethnic Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- News IRCTC introduces affordable tour package to Shimla and Manali: Check fare, itinerary
- Sports ISL 2022-23: Kerala Blasters vs East Bengal; Preview, Kick-off time, Live telecast and Live Streaming details
- Finance How To Recover Money Transferred At Wrong UPI Address?
- Movies Goodbye Movie Review: Big B-Rashmika Mandanna's Film Gets Its Emotions Right Despite Few 'Hics' On The Way
- Automobiles New Ola Electric Scooter Incoming: Will Be Launched Around Diwali & Priced At Around Rs 80,000
- Technology Redmi Pad Review: Redefining Budget Tablet Category
- Education Jamia Millia Islamia launches new MSc Virology program: know details and how to apply
- Travel Sahara Desert: Largest Hot Desert in The World
Raksha Bandhan, which marks the celebration of a special bond between brothers and sisters, will be celebrated on 15 August this year. Raksha Bandhan in Sanskrit means "the bond of protection or care". The festival occurs on a full moon day of the Shravana month of the Hindu calendar and the dates keep changing every year.
Raksha Bandhan is a traditional Hindu festival where sisters tie rakhis (thread-like band) around their brothers' hands. Tying a rakhi symbolises that a brother will always protect his sister.
As per the Hindu tradition, brothers are supposed to take care of their sisters' well-being. Ahead of the festival, take a look at some quotes and messages to send to your brother or sister.
Raksha Bandhan Quotes
"Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there." - Amy Li
"Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow." - Benjamin Disraeli
"A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double." - Toni Morrison
"Sisters are probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship." - Margaret Mead
"A sister is both your mirror - and your opposite." - Elizabeth Fishel
"A brother is a friend given by nature." - Jean Baptiste Legouve
"It snowed last year too: I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea." - Dylan Thomas
"There's no other love like the love for a brother. There's no other love like the love from a brother." - Astrid Alauda
"It's hard to be responsible, adult and sensible all the time. How good it is to have a sister whose heart is as young as your own." - Pam Brown
"For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands." - Christina Rossetti
Raksha Bandhan Messages
We gain and lose things every day. But trust me on one thing. You'll never lose me. I will always be here. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
Celebrating the sacred bond of trust and togetherness. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
Even if we are not together on this Raksha Bandhan there's always this strong bond that keeps us connected irrespective of the geographical boundaries. You're priceless to me! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
The one who is reading this message is very close to my heart and I love him the most.
Cherishing the memorable time spent in childhood and trying to make new memories this year. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- festivalsRaksha Bandhan 2022: Dos And Don’ts While Celebrating Rakhi
- recipesSpecial Treat To Your Sweet Toothed Siblings This Raksha Bandhan: How To Prepare Lemon Layer Cake
- festivalsRaksha Bandhan 2022: Mythological Stories Behind Rakhi Festival
- fashion trendsRaksha Bandhan Outfit Ideas for Men: Fashion Cues From Bollywood Actors
- zodiac signsExpert Article: What Kind Of Sibling Are You, Based On Your Zodiac Sign?
- zodiac signsBest Rakhi Colours And Raksha Bandhan Gifts For Brothers As Per Zodiac Sign - Expert Recommends
- pulseRaksha Bandhan 2022: Best Gift Ideas For Your Brothers And Sisters
- festivalsRaksha Bandhan Astrological Remedies For Good Luck Of Brother(s)
- fashion trendsTop 10 Rakhis That Are A Perfect Blend Of Tradition As Well As Fashion Statement
- festivalsRaksha Bandhan 2022: Date, Time, Rituals, Celebrations, History And Significance
- festivalsRaksha Bandhan 2022: Beautiful And Simple Mehendi Designs To Decorate Your Palms With
- bollywood wardrobeKriti Sanon And Nupur Sanon’s Rakhi Celebration In Similar Ethnic Outfits Will Melt Your Heart