- 11 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Up To 50% Off On Protein Powders
- 12 hrs ago Remedial Measures In Astrology To Counter Different Problems In Life
- 15 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 October To 08 October 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 17 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 02 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Legends League Cricket: Taylor, Nurse’s blazing knocks power India Capitals to final
- News Intelligence dept gets input about threat to Maha CM Shinde's life; security beefed up
- Finance Post Office Saving Schemes Interest Rates Rise, Check Interest Rates Here
- Movies Adipurush Teaser Review: Prabhas Embodies Lord Rama Completely In The Animated Epic Battle Of Good And Evil
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Automobiles Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Raksha Bandhan is the day that renews the unwritten bond of love between siblings, especially a sister and brother, and an ideal first step towards the practice of selfless love that puts self behind the needs of others. This beautiful bond is celebrated for its signjficance on the last day of Shravana month or full moon day of this month. In 2022, Raksha Bandhan or Rakhi will go on for two days, i.e, 11 August and 12 August.
The auspicious time that arrives between 08:51 pm to 09:13 pm on 11 August during Pradosh time or from 05:17 pm to 06:18 pm during Bhadra Punchha is most propitious to tie the Rakhi around your brother's wrist. You may also perform the rituals up to 07:16 am in the morning of 12 August.
Raksha Bandhan is a day eagerly awaited day for siblings in India. While sisters pray for the brother's longevity, the brother promises to protect the sister for life. The Raksha Bandhan thali would ideally have akshat, roli, chandan, sweets, coconut, rakhis, diya and kalash.
It is also common to see girls getting mehndi or henna designs done on their palms during the festival. Let us know more about the things one should practice and refrain from while celebrating the beautiful festival of Raksha Bandhan.
Dos for Raksha Bandhan
- Girls may wake up in the early hours and take a shower to begin the day on an auspicious note.
- A puja thali is prepared with all the required items like akshat, roli, chandan, sweets, rakhis, a diya and kalash.
- Diya is lit on this day and sisters visit their brothers' houses or the brother visits a sister for the Rakhi ritual.
- To begin the rituals, a brother should be made to sit on a wooden chowki that is facing east or west.
- Apply the tilak on the brother's forehead, and then tie the rakhi thread to Lord Ganesha to ensure longevity and prosperity for your brother, and then tie it on the brother's hands.
- Wish him well on this day. The brother's face should be facing the east or west as you are tying the rakhi on his hand.
- It is important for both the siblings, while the rakhi is being tied, to cover their heads with a large handkerchief or a similar sized cloth, or a dupatta or pallu for females.
- See that you choose rakhis with auspicious marks on them, such as swastika or Om, to add to the spirituality.
- Tie the rakhi to the right wrist of your brother, wishing him a long life.
- The Aarti of the brother follows after the rakhi is tied, after which the sister, if younger, should seek his blessings. If you are the elder sister, then bless him wholeheartedly for his long life and prosperity.
- Siblings feed each other a piece of sweet from the thali.
- It is customary for the brothers to gift their sisters something that is pleasing and which reflects their deepest emotion toward their sister.
- Sisters, too, these days, gift their brothers something generously.
- You must time the event at Aparanha muhurat, that is late afternoon, to conduct the rakhi ritual.
Don'ts For Raksha Bandhan
- Don't hand a brother sharp object as gifts, no matter how pure your intention is. It is strictly considered a taboo or even makes sense otherwise not to gift such things.
- The Rakhi thread should not be broken prior to tying it.
- The Bhadra kaal or Rahu kaal are inauspicious for tying Rakhi. All auspicious events are generally avoided during this mahurat.
- Rakhi rituals should be treated with respect and comply with the tradition.
- The siblings must be aware that Rakhi is an auspicious ritual and hence the brother must be seated only on a wooden chowki and not on the couch, if possible.
- Although it is normal and casual to indulge in occasional fights, Rakhi should not be an event that allows ungainly comments and criticism, from both sides.
- On this day, try to keep your opinions to yourself without forcing them on your sibling(s). Reserve those opinions for an ordinary day.
Celebrate this bond with love and cheer! Happy Raksha Bandhan!
Disclaimer: The information is based on assumptions and information available on the internet and the accuracy or reliability is not guaranteed. Boldsky does not confirm any inputs or information related to the article and our only purpose is to deliver information. Boldsky does not believe in or endorse any superstitions.
- recipesSpecial Treat To Your Sweet Toothed Siblings This Raksha Bandhan: How To Prepare Lemon Layer Cake
- festivalsRaksha Bandhan 2022: Mythological Stories Behind Rakhi Festival
- fashion trendsRaksha Bandhan Outfit Ideas for Men: Fashion Cues From Bollywood Actors
- bollywood wardrobeKoffee With Karan 7: Sonam Kapoor Nails Maternity Fashion in Black Off-Shoulder Gown!
- zodiac signsExpert Article: What Kind Of Sibling Are You, Based On Your Zodiac Sign?
- zodiac signsBest Rakhi Colours And Raksha Bandhan Gifts For Brothers As Per Zodiac Sign - Expert Recommends
- zodiac signsRaksha Bandhan Horoscope 2022: Check Lucky And Unlucky Zodiac Signs Of Brothers And Sisters On Rakhi Festival
- fashion trendsRaksha Bandhan Outfit Ideas: Alia, Samantha, Rashmika, Janhvi's Ethnic Looks For The Festive Season
- wellnessHealthy Raksha Bandhan Gifts For Your Siblings That Won't Burn A Hole In Your Pocket!
- pulseRaksha Bandhan 2022: Best Gift Ideas For Your Brothers And Sisters
- festivalsRaksha Bandhan Astrological Remedies For Good Luck Of Brother(s)
- recipesRaksha Bandhan Recipe: How To Prepare Gulab Jamun From Sweet Potatoes