- News Maharashtra crisis: 'More than half' of rebels are in touch, claims Sanjay Raut
- Finance India's Budding Drone Industry To Grow Rs 15,000 Crore By 2026
- Movies Dexter And Criminals Minds Actress Mary Mara Passes Away
- Education HPBOSE 10th Result 2022 Today: Steps To Check Himachal Class 10 Result, Websites To Check HP Board 10th Result
- Technology Moto G42 With SD680, Android 12 Launching On July 4; Flipkart Availability Confirmed
- Automobiles 2022 Kawasaki Versys 650 Launched At Rs 7.36 Lakh
- Sports 6IXTY 2022: Chris Gayle is brand ambassador, Universe Boss to play for trophy named after him
- Travel Peb Fort Trek, Maharashtra - Complete Guide
As we know that the Sun will transit into the Cancer sign on 16 July 2020, people belonging to the Hindu community will be observing the Karka Sankranti. In Hinduism, Karka means Cancer sign. This will mark the end of the six months of the Uttarayana Period and the onset of Dakshinayan, Lord Sun's southern journey. The Dakshinayana will end on Makar Sankranti next year. Today we are here to tell you more about this day. Scroll down the article to read more.
Muhurta For Karka Sankranti
The Karka Sankranti will take place on 16 July 2020 at 10:32 am. This is when the Sun will enter the Cancer Zodiac Sign. The Sun will continue to stay in the Cancer sign till 06:56 pm on 16 August 2020.
- People on this day worship Lord Vishnu.
- Devotees wake up early in the morning and freshen up.
- They then bathe and wear clean or new clothes.
- After this, they offer Arghya to Lord Surya and chant 'Om Adityaya Namah'.
- Chanting the mantra for 108 times is considered to be quite beneficial and auspicious.
- Then you can worship Lord Vishnu with Kumkum, Tulsi leaves, incense sticks, flowers and by lighting a Diya (earthen lamp). Also, offer seasonal fruits to the deity and chant his prayers.
- A banyan or peepal tree is planted by the devotees of Lord Vishnu.
Significance Of Karka Sankranti
- This Sankranti is considered to be a favourable time for Pitru Tarpan, the time when departed souls get peace.
- The main aim of worshipping on this Sankranti is to get rid of the hardships of life.
- People visit Lord Vishnu's temple and offer prayers to him.
- However, this time period isn't considered auspicious for initiating any holy work. This is because of the onset of Chaturmas, the four months during which Lord Vishnu sleeps or meditates.
- Also, devotees believe that the Lord Sun too goes towards the south to take rest. Due to this, Lord Shiva along with other Gods looks after the world. Hence, people worship Lord Shiva during these months.
- festivalsKarka Sankranti 2022: Date, Muhurat, Puja Rituals, Predictions And Significance
- festivalsMakar Sankranti 2022: Donate These Things According To Your Zodiac Sign
- faith mysticismMithun Sankranti 2021: Here Are The Date, Muhurta And Puja Vidhi For This Day
- wellnessPongal, Til Laddu And More: Health Benefits Of Foods Prepared During Sankranti
- recipesMakar Sankranti: Recipe For Til Ke Ladoo
- festivalsMakar Sankranti 2022: Cultural Significance Of Having Khichdi On This Festival
- recipesMakar Sankranti: How To Prepare Dal Khichdi On This Festival
- festivalsMakar Sankranti 2022: Things To Do And Avoid On This Day
- festivalsPongal: Know About The 4-Day Festival Celebration In Tamil Nadu In January
- festivalsHappy Makar Sankranti 2022 Wishes, Facebook And Whatsapp Messages In English To Send To Loved Ones
- faith mysticismMakar Sankranti: Tips To Worship Sun God On This Day
- festivalsMakar Sankranti: 5 Reasons This Festival Is Celebrated In India