- just now India: The Pharmacy Of The Third World And Biggest Exporter Of Generic Drugs
- 1 hr ago Word Of The Year Selected By Merriam-Webster, And Its Gaslighting!
- 4 hrs ago Christmas 2022: How To Prepare Kulkuls (Sweet Curls) Recipe
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 06 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Technology Apple VR Headset May Get Delayed Further Due To Software Issues
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil’s Former Contestant Vanitha Vijayakumar To Enter Politics? Here’s What She Says
- News At meet of Central Asian security ministers’ meet, Doval emphasis on need to counter terror financing
- Travel Top Cities In USA To Celebrate Christmas 2022 Is Out. Here Is The List
- Finance Motilal Oswal Tuesday Stock Ideas: Buy 5 Mid Cap, Small Cap Stocks To Get Up To 46% Return
- Automobiles Toyota Innova HyCross First Drive Review - Hybrid Innovation
- Sports India: BCCI official confirms change in T20 setup, is that the end of Rahul Dravid?
- Education Scholarships opens to get admission in US, Canada, Australia, Italy, Norway
Maha Navami or Durga Navami means the "ninth day." Maha Navami/Durga Navami was the day Goddess Durga was challenged in a duel by Mahishasura, the buffalo demon, which proved to be the conclusive day for the battle and for the demon. This day falls in the festival of Navratri and Durga Puja.
Maha Navami worship is all-inclusive and bestows the Punya or merits of worshipping Goddess for all nine days. This is the day Goddess Durga is known to visit the earth along with her children. This festival is celebrated all over India, according to the customs and rituals specific to the respective region.
Durga puja is mostly lavishly celebrated in West Bengal, Odisha, Tripura, Jharkhand, and Bihar. The Navami begins with Mahasnan and Shodashopachar Puja, which are both performed simultaneously to the Mahishasuramardini form of Goddess Durga. Shakta cult followers have a great significance for the worship of the Goddess during Mahanavami.
The Vaishnavites perform extensive pujas to Lord Vishnu as well as Goddess Durga on this day. In Tirumala, Brahmotsav for Lord Balaji is celebrated on a grand scale on this day. Goddess Matangi is worshipped on this day by the Dashamahavidhya followers and Goddess Siddhidatri is worshipped by Navdurga cult followers. Those worshipping Goddess Siddhidatri, especially on Mahanavami, receive siddhis of various kinds. Lord Shiva, himself had performed this puja on the ninth day to achieve the Animadyashta siddhis.
Kanya Bhoj and Kanya puja is performed on a young little girl before the Parana begins in order to ensure the wellbeing of the worshipper and her family. In case this is not possible due to unforeseen circumstances, you can recite Durga Saptashati and obtain a beneficial outcome.
Mahanavami 2022: Date, Time & Muhurat
The last day of Navratri 2022 in the Shukla paksha of Ashwin month as per the Hindu Panchang is celebrated as Mahanavami. The Gregorian calendar has the month of September or October chalked out for the celebrations. Important Muhurat timings of Durga Puja are as follows.
Mahanavami on Tuesday, 04 October 2022
Navami Tithi Begins on 03 October 2022 at 04:37 pm
Navami Tithi Ends on 04 October 2022 at 02:20 pm
Maha Navami 2022: History
A nine-day tussle between Goddess Durga and the demon Mahishasura took a violent turn on Navami day during which, the goddess decided to get into the destroyer mode, assume her destructive form, and wield her gargantuan powers on the buffalo demon. After a day of raging warfare, finally, on the tenth day, she brought an end to his menace by crushing him. Mahanavami is especially held sacred and celebrated as a symbol of the triumph of good over evil.
Maha Navami 2022: Important Festivals During Durga Puja
Saraswati Puja on Monday, 03 October 2022
Durga dons the form of Maha Saraswati on this day and blesses the worshippers as the goddess of wisdom.
Ayudha Puja October 4, 2022
Arrangements for Ayudh puja begin on the previous day. On this day, all kinds of instruments, musical and vehicular, are worshipped along with the goddess in the southern states of India.
Dusshera - October 05, 2022
Dussehra is the most auspicious day for new business ventures and is also considered as the time when school resumes after a long holiday after the midterm examinations in South India.
Kanya Puja on Navami Day
In North and Eastern India, Kanya puja is conducted, wherein nine unmarried young girls are worshipped as nine avatars of Durga. A mixture of Kumkum and sandalwood is applied to their feet after cleaning them well. The new garments are given to them to wear and then worshipped with mantras and puja ingredients. Special food is prepared for them and lastly, gifts are lavishly distributed amongst them as a token of gratitude and reverence.
The third day of Durga puja is celebrated as the Maha Navami in East India. Goddess Durga is offered Shodashopachara puja in the morning, as she ended the demon Mahishasura's reign on this same day, in the morning hours.
Navami Homa Rituals
The Navami Homa ritual is an added ritual at the concluding phase of the Navami puja. The Navami rituals are followed as usual.
Maha Navami 2022: Significance
From the astrological point of view, those who are facing strong opposition from enemies, and feeling low due to adversities, legal battles, and evil eyes, should worship Goddess Durga on this day. Due to the presence of divine power on this day, the effects of the doshas of Mars, Saturn, Rahu, and Moon are neutralized. With the destruction of the demon Mahishasura, peace, prosperity and tranquillity returned to the Earth.
In the North and East Indian states, the spirit of celebration hits its peak, especially during the Navami time of Navratri. Purchasing new items or starting a business venture is deemed to be auspicious for the worshipper.
Maha Navami is of great importance to those who are plagued by evil spirits and the malefic effects of the planets. Goddess Durga is a symbol of protection that protects you effortlessly from the evil eye and energies. Durga worship welcomes to your life, more prosperity and happiness.
Here's the most powerful Durga Stotra for Maha Navami:
ayi giri nandini, nandita medini, visva vinodini, nandinute ||
giri vara vindhya shirodhini vasini vishnuvilaasini jisnunute ||
bhagavati he shitikaNthakutumbini bhoorikutumbini bhoorikrute ||
Chant this stotra written by Adi Shankaracharya to get the blessings of the Goddess and also to welcome prosperity and wellbeing to your home. Also do not forget to chant the 700 verses from Durga Saptashati and perform Ahuti on the day of Maha Navami as it creates a powerful aura that cocoons you inside it and prevents the effect of any evil energy from touching your life at any point in time.
Maha Navami 2022: Celebrations In Different States
In many places in Southern India, children start going to school on this day. In the Northern and Eastern parts of India, Kanya Pujan is done.
In Eastern India, Durga Puja's third day is celebrated as Maha Navami. Devotees, after completing the morning rituals, do the Shodashopachara puja. On this day Goddess Durga is worshipped in her Mahishasuramardini, avatar, which means "the Goddess who slayed Mahishasura."
On the other hand, in South India, Ayudha Puja is observed and dedicated to Goddess Saraswati. Anything that grants wisdom and knowledge is worshipped. Some of the worshipped things include musical instruments, books, weapons, tools and vehicles etc.
Disclaimer: The information is based on assumptions and information available on the internet and the accuracy or reliability is not guaranteed. Boldsky does not confirm any inputs or information related to the article and our only purpose is to deliver information. Kindly consult the concerned expert before practising or implementing any information and assumption.
- faith mysticismNavratri 2022: Goddess Chamunda Shakti Peeth Of Himachal Pradesh
- faith mysticismNavratri 2022: Goddess Vishalakshi Shakti Peeth in Kashi
- wellnessNavratri 2022: Impact Of The Nine Navratri Colours: Can It Affect Your Mental Wellbeing?
- faith mysticismDurga Puja 2022: List Of South Indian Naivedya Offered To Goddess Durga On Navratri
- faith mysticismNavratri 2022: Durga Ashtami Timings, Puja Rituals, Fasts And Legend
- bollywood wardrobeSara Ali Khan’s Ethnic Kurta Sets Style Is Just What You Need For Indian Festivals!
- diet fitnessNavratri 2022: 5 Ways To Detox After Navratri Celebrations
- faith mysticismNavratri 2022: Four Famous Akhand Jyoti Temples
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 9: Deepika Padukone To Sara Ali Khan, Pink Navratri Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- festivalsNavratri Akhand Jyoti: Know The Rules And How To Keep The Lamp Lit For Nine Days
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 8: Alia Bhatt To Kriti Sanon, Peacock Green Navratri Outfits Guide By Bollywood Divas
- wellnessNavratri 2022: How Does Fasting Affect Your Body?