- 58 min ago World Breastfeeding Week 2021: Mothers Should Avoid Breastfeeding If They Have These Medical Conditions
- 1 hr ago From Kangana Ranaut To Zendaya, Influencer Neel Ranaut Recreates Outfits Of The Divas
- 2 hrs ago Is It Safe To Wear A Bra During Breastfeeding?
- 3 hrs ago Mangala Gauri Vrat 2021: Date, Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Sports Tokyo 2020: I felt pressure after being assigned to train Sindhu: Park
- Technology Infinix Smart 5A Android Go Smartphone Launched In India; Price, Full Specs, Availability
- Education IET India Scholarship Award 2021: Apply Online Before August 15
- Movies Devoleena Bhattacharjee To Play The Lead Role In Bade Acche Lagte Hain 2?
- News Bengaluru: People coming from other states to mandatorily undergo institutional quarantine
- Finance $1.2bn Arbitration Award: Govt Claims No Formal Proposal From Cairn To Resolve Dispute
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
- Automobiles EV Charging Outlets At HP Petrol Stations — CESL Announces Partnership With HPCL
Amavasya is a monthly occurrence that marks the new moon day. In the Hindu culture, the Amavasya falling in Ashada month has high significance. It is also referred to as Halahari Amavasya. This year the Ashada Amavasya is falling on 9 July 2021, i.e., on Friday. Farmers belonging to the Hindu community, celebrate this day with utmost dedication. Today we are here to tell you more about this day.
Muhurta For Ashada Amavasya
As per the Hindu culture, Amavasya is observed on the fifteenth date during the waning phase i.e., the Krishna Paksha of the moon. This year the date falls on 9 July 2021. The Amavasya tithi will begin at 05:16 am on 9 July 2021. The Amavasya tithi will end at 06:46 am on 10 July 2021.
Rituals Of Ashada Amavasya
- On this day, people worship Lord Vishnu and observe a fast.
- Devotees wake up early and they clean their houses along with the puja room.
- One should take a bath in holy rivers.
- People believe that offering Tarpan (tribute) to ancestors brings good fortune.
- People also offer Arghya to Lord Surya.
- They then worship Lord Vishnby offering flowers, fruits and clothes.
- Those who observe a fast on this day, break the same during the evening after worshipping Lord Vishnu.
Significance Of Ashada Amavasya
- According to the Indian climate,rainy season usually begins during or at the end of the month of Ashada.
- For farmers, the rainy season is quite important and therefore, they celebrate this new moon day as Halahari Amavasya.
- Farmers observe Ashada Amavasya by worshipping their plows and farming equipment.
- People believe, offering prayers and tribute to one's ancestors removes troubles and negativity from their lives.
- Lord Vishnu is usually worshiped on this day.
- Right after the Ashada Amavasya, the Chaumasa or Chaturmasa begins.