- 7 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 12 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 16 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 18 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 Super Sunday With Sudeepa – Raju Talikote Gets Eliminated
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Hetmyer and Hope fire West Indies to victory
- News Tension prevails in AMU against CAA after Jamia Millia Islamia, cops use batons, teargas
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
How many of you get goosebumps while watching a horror movie? Horror movies may be a great hype, but when you see it for real, the feeling can leave you in a place where you will not be able to do anything.
It is a known fact that Roman Catholic priests are famous for performing exorcisms.
Today, we widen your sense of belief and introduce you to some of the temples and shrines in India, where paranormal activities are openly performed. In these holy shrines, people visit to get rid of the possession investing in them.
Also Read: Six Things To Ward Off Evil
The thought of seeing these people in pain can bring one to tears and this feeling will make you feel eerie too. Before we introduce you to some of these famous shrines in India that practice exorcisms, let us tell you more about what the process is.
So, what is exorcism?
According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, exorcism can be defined as, "the act of driving out, or warding off demons or evil spirits from persons, places, or things, which are believed to be possessed or infested by them, or are liable to become victims or instruments of their malice."
How many types of exorcisms are there?
This type of exorcism is baptising an infant to release him from sins conducted in a previous birth.
The Simple Exorcism:
This type of exorcism involves blessing a place or thing to release it from evil influence.
The Real Exorcism:
In this type of exorcism, it involves the cleansing of the body from a diabolical possession. For those who are possessed with this type of a demon, the exorcism involved can physically harm a person and sometimes even result in death.
When The Ghost Feeds:
When the ghost feeds on the victim who is possessed, the type of exorcism done is different. The priest gets in touch with the ghost, trying to drive away the spirit.
So, here are some of the shrines in India that practice exorcisms, have a look:
Shree Mehndipur Balaji:
After you pay a visit to this shrine, you will leave behind a lot of traumatised memories. The temple is famous for exorcisms practices and when you visit it, you will witness the possessed being tied by chains to the walls. The possessed also pour boiling water on themselves to get rid of the evil in them.
Hazrat Syed Ali Mira Datar Dargah, Gujarat:
This holy shrine welcomes any caste. As you enter through the shrine, you will hear the screams and cries of those who are possessed. For those who are violent are chained and a common sight is to see a lot of men and women rolling on the floor, trying to get rid of the evil in them.
Devji Maharaj Mandir, Malajpurh:
This is one of the few temples in India which hosts a 'Bhoot Mela' every year. People come from far with their loved ones to cure those who are possessed, on a full moon night. In this holy shrine, you will see the possessed lighting the palms of their hands with camphor and being brushed by the Holy brooms to drive the spirit away.
Dattatreya Mandir, Gangapur:
In this holy shrine where exorcisms are done, the Mahamangal Aarti begins at 11.30 AM. During this time, you will be a witness to the possessed screaming and shouting abuses to the God. Some of the possessed actually climb up the poles on the premises and suspend themselves in the temple.
Nizamuddin Dargah, Delhi;
This again is one of the places you must visit, if you have the guts to be a witness to the possessed people. At the Dargah, people pay respect to the Sufi God. And, in the qawwali, you will suddenly hear the cries and screams from a secluded room where exorcisms are performed.
Image Courtesy: Exorcism Nights