- 5 min ago Katrina Kaif Or Janhvi Kapoor, Who Looked More Glamourous In The Sparkling Sari?
- 23 min ago UK Lesbian Couple Becomes The First To Carry Their Child In Both Their Wombs
- 1 hr ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Or Deepika Padukone, Whose Black-Hued Attire Was More Impressive?
- 2 hrs ago High-tech Honey Sandwich Could Help Fight Superbug Infections
- Technology Microsoft's Windows 10 OS To Get Interactive With Chrome Scrolling
- Movies Sushmita Sen Returns to Bollywood After 10 Years; Calls It Second Innings
- Sports Woods warns Reed of Australian crowds after penalty controversy
- News KIOCL signs pact of Rs 81.53 cr with Karnataka govt for mineral exploration
- Finance SBI Loans To Get Cheaper; One-Year MCLR 7.9%
- Automobiles Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Though each culture differs from one another, there are a few practices which are similar in most cultures. For instance the practice of hanging a few good luck charms in the house to ward of evil eye or evil spirits is common. This practice is prevalent in almost all cultures of the world.
You must have seen Indians hang lemon and chillies in front of their houses. This helps to keep off the evil spirits. Similarly, Chinese have the lucky bamboo shoot, coins and the dragon charm which are said to bring good luck and keep off the evil from your life. These simple things are basically kept in the houses to ward off the negative energies and attract all the positive energy into the house.
We often see people placing a horseshoe above the doorway to ward off evil. There are more lucky charms like bamboo plants and crystals that will make your abode prettier and also bring in good luck. Lovy Khosla, Managing Director of Elvy Lifestyle, suggests a list of products that will keep the negative energies away:
Good Luck Bamboo Plants
Bamboo is an amazing plant which brings a peaceful and wise energy into your home. They can be placed indoors and also in the garden. The lucky bamboo plants stand for solidarity and oneness in the family. It also teaches that one should be flexible and hollow from inside so that the spirit can freely flow and heal your being.
Dutch Hex Sign
A hex sign is a tradition from the Pennsylvania Dutch folk art. These are usually barn paintings in the form of stars inside circles or even octagonal or hexagonal in shape. They are available in patterns like bird, star, flower and heart shapes; people hang it outside the house for protection and prosperity.
These coins are highly valued in the Asian countries. The Chinese coins are primarily used to attract money. These coins are often tied together with a mystic knot and placed in the southeast direction of the house.
Also known as Jin Chan, the three-legged toad is also known as the money frog. It represents a popular Feng-shui charm for prosperity. It is also considered to be auspicious for attracting wealth. Place the toad in the southeast direction, facing the room but never near an outside door.
It brings career luck your way. It is also believed to strengthen your position within your company. Place it in north direction of your home.
When placed in the northeast direction, the crystals ensure success in educational matters. Crystals are of various kinds. For example Agate fosters good luck, abundance, wealth while Jade has the power to attract and enhance love.