- 32 min ago Mahashivratri 2023: Follow These Dos And Don'ts To Appease Lord Shiva
- 42 min ago Eating Grapes May Reduce Risk Of Sunburn: How Many Should You Eat?
- 1 hr ago Realising Your Ignorance Is The First Step You Take Towards Knowledge
- 2 hrs ago February Career Horoscope 2023: 4 Zodiac Signs Who Will Be Lucky In Terms Of Career.
- Sports Khelo India Youth Games 2022 Wrap Day 2: Table Tennis quarter-final, Volleyball semi-final lineups confirmed
- Movies Bigg Boss 16 Nomination: Shiv Thakare BEATS Priyanka Choudhary, MC Stan To Become Best Performer- See TIME
- Finance 667% Return In 3-Years: Small Cap Stock Sets Record Date For Dividend, Hits New 52-Week High
- News Prophet Muhammad, Jesus Christ's ancestors were Sanatani Hindus: Shankaracharya Swami
- Travel Best Destination For Elderly Couples In India To Visit On Valentine 2023
- Automobiles Tata Blocked Porsche From Using The Safari Name - Here's Why We Got The 911 Dakar
- Technology Motorola Moto Edge 40 Pro Renders Leak: 6.67-Inch Curved OLED Display, SD8 Gen2 SoC Expected
- Education SMIT Admission 2023: Registration Started; Check Details Here
Vashisht Rishi was a Kulaguru of Shri Rama, whose temple is 3.5 km away from the Manali bus stand and is known to have lived in this abode scores of yugas ago. Vashisht Temple is located a few kilometres away from Manali, a small village towards the east of the Beas river.
Beas river originates in Manali in the Beas Kund near the historically famous 4000-year-old temple of Rishi Vashisht Manali The picturesque beauty of this village exhilarates the traveller's soul and uplifts his spirits with a burst of positive energy. The traveller, in the lap of the sprawling natural expanse, feels very close to it, in essence, and soul and finds a deeper connection with its enigmatic side.
Vashisht Temple: Architecture
A place never to be forgotten, Vashisht Temple is highly recommended by those who have visited it once. A black stone image of the rishi wearing dhoti is erected inside the temple. It is well decorated with beautiful carvings on wood. Inside the temple, it is traditionally ornamented with antique paintings and figures.
Vashisht Temple: History & Significance Of Vashisht Bath
Vashisht village is an unmatched example that brings to light the heritage and culture as it has a rich background and a tale to tell. It is the abode of Rishi Vashistha who stayed there for quite some time. Nearby, there exists a hot water spring known as Vashishta Kund/. This was the river where Vashishta tried committing suicide after coming to know that all his children were killed by Vishamitra. But the river refused to kill Vashistha.
The river thereafter came to be known as VIpasha which means freedom from bondage. It was later colloquialised and came to be known as the Beas river. He went into a deep spell of meditation pledging to start a new life, from here. He began mediating and vowed to start his new life. This happened about 4000 years ago.
Vashisht Temple: Lord Rama's Connection
Next to the Vashisht temple, you can find a stone temple built for Rama. This is an important centre of pilgrimage. Inside the Rama temple you can find all three idols of Rama, Sita and Lakshmana installed. Dussehra is pompously celebrated for seven days. This village was an important destination for the Vaishnava cult for a long time.
The hot water spring is known to have been created by Lakshman, the brother of Sri Ram. Unable to see the Rishi walking long distances to fetch water, Lakshman shot an arrow into the ground and from there, emerged the hot water spring. The hot water springs are believed to be therapeutic and cure several diseases including skin infections.
From this temple which offers beautiful views of the entire place, one can look down at the river valley that is mesmerising with its photogenic and charming views.
Vashisht Temple: Timings
Vashisht Temple remains open between 7 am to 9 pm, and the Vashisht baths from 7 am to 1 pm, and 2 pm to 9 pm on all days.
- faith mysticismArunachaleswarar Temple In Tiruvannamalai: Significance Of Ashtalingams And Girivalam Restrictions
- faith mysticismSomnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- faith mysticismFamous Ancient Lord Dhanvantari Temples In India
- faith mysticismDos and Don'ts While Visiting A Temple
- faith mysticismDasarighatta Chowdeshwari Temple In Karnataka: History, Legend, Timings And How To Reach
- faith mysticismSapta Moksha Puri: The 7 Holy Cities To Visit For Final Liberation
- faith mysticismNavratri 2022: Goddess Vishalakshi Shakti Peeth in Kashi
- faith mysticismNavratri 2022: Goddess Chintpurni Shakti Peeth Of Himachal Pradesh
- faith mysticismMammiyoor Mahadeva Temple At Guruvayoor: Architecture, Legend, Time, Festivals, Offerings, And How To Reach
- faith mysticismDurga Puja 2022: Temple Of Goddess Biraja In Jajpur
- faith mysticismMangala Gauri Temple: Interesting Details About Goddess Durga Of Gaya
- faith mysticismDurga Puja 2022: Kichakeshwari Durga Temple Of Odisha