- 7 hrs ago Ahead Of Katrina Kaif’s Wedding, 5 Awesome Makeup And Hairstyling Lessons From Her Instagram Feed
- 16 hrs ago Your Eye Shadow Looks Sorted Ft. Malaika Arora And Shilpa Shetty Kundra
- 19 hrs ago Got A Messy Room? Here Are 6 Easy Ways To Declutter Your Bedroom
- 23 hrs ago List Of Foods That Could Kill Your Libido
- Movies Marakkar Box Office 3 Days Worldwide Collection: Mohanlal's Magnum Opus Continues Its Dream Run!
- Finance ATM Transactions Will Be Expensive From January 2022: RBI Rule
- News No Opposition alliance sans Congress possible at national level: Baghel
- Sports NBA: Spurs stun Curry's Warriors, Bulls rally past Nets
- Technology PS5 India Restock Date: How To Pre-Order? What Is Its Price?
- Automobiles IBW 2021: Honda H'Ness CB350 Anniversary Edition Launched At Rs 2.03 Lakhs
- Education UPSC Geo Scientist Final Result 2021 Declared, Steps To Check Combined Geo-Scientist Exam Final Result
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Dispur
Sankranti is said to be the transit of the Sun into different zodiac signs. Since there are 12 zodiac signs in Vedic astrology, the Sun, therefore, transits 12 times. In whichever, zodiac sign the transit takes place, the Sankranti is named after that sign. This year the Sun will be transiting into Gemini on 15 June 2021. Therefore, the Gemini Transit or say, the Mithun Sankranti will take place on the same date.
Today we are here to tell you more about this day. Read on.
Muhurta For Mithun Sankranti
The Muhurta for Mithun Sankranti will begin during the Punya Kaal. The Punya Kaal muhurta will begin at 06:17 AM on 15 June 2021 and will 01:43 PM on the same date. The Muhurta will be for seven hours and twenty-seven minutes. The Maha Punya Kaal for the Mithun Sankranti will be from 06:17 AM to 08:36 PM on the same date.
The Mithun Sankranti is considered to be highly auspicious as it is believed that when Sun enters this zodiac, the position of Nakshatra changes and impacts a person's life in different ways.
Puja Vidhi For Mithun Sankranti
- On this day, wake up early in the morning and freshen up.
- After this, bathe and wear clean and/or new clothes.
- Offer Arghya, the water offering to lord Surya while chanting mantras.
- While you are offering Arghya to Lord Surya make sure you add roli and red flowers into it.
- After offering the Arghya, sit on an Asana made up of red clothes.
- While you sit to worship Lord Surya, make sure you face the east direction.
- Chant the mantras of Lord Surya for 108 times.
- After this, perform the aarti and seek His blessings.