- 5 hrs ago Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- 8 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Inspires Us To Play With Patterns With Her Gorgeous Skirt And Top Set
- 9 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Sets The Makeup Bar High With Smokey Eyes And Luscious Red Lips
- 11 hrs ago Difference Between Spring Onions, Shallots And Red Onions: Which Is Healthier?
- Sports Bangladesh vs West Indies: Shakib Al Hasan set to return to International cricket
- News Covid-19 vaccination Day 1: 1 ‘severe’, 51 ‘minor’ cases of adverse events reported in Delhi
- Movies MTV Roadies Revolution: Delhi Boy Hamid Barkzi From Nikhil’s Team Wins The 17th Edition Of The Show
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- Technology BSNL Offering OTT Benefits With Add-On Packs
- Automobiles 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
The Gayatri Mantra is considered one of the most powerful hymns in Hinduism. The Gayatri Mantra has been mentioned in the Rig Veda, one of the holy scriptures in Hinduism, and also in the Upanishads and other ancient scriptures. People believe that chanting Gayatri Mantra can help in attaining peace of mind, gaining will power and overcoming all the obstacles of life. Sages and those who are into spirituality are often seen chanting the Gayatri Mantra to seek blessings from the deities.
Swami Vivekananda and Dayanand Saraswati themselves have emphasised the importance of the Gayatri Mantra. They have described this mantra as one of the best ways to purify one's mind. It is one of the most easy-to-learn sacred hymns and can be learnt in just a few minutes.
Here are the Gayatri Mantra lyrics and text, both original and English:
Om Bhur Bhuváh Sváhá
Meaning: Ultimate reality, in which physical, astral and causal worlds exist
Tát Savitúr Váreṇyaṃ
Meaning: That is the Supreme reality from which creation happens, and it is the foremost
Bhárgo Devásya Dhīmahi
Meaning: Oh divine effulgence, we meditate upon you
Dhíyo Yó Náḥ Prácho Dáyāt
Meaning: Propel our knowledge of the Supreme reality.
It is believed that if you chant the Gayatri Mantra every day 108 times, it drives evil away and keeps you protected. It will also keep any negative thoughts at bay, it is said.
Some people in earlier times forbade women and girls from reciting the Gayatri Mantra for the sheer power it is believed to provide, but the practice is no longer prevalent. Anybody can chant the Gayatri Mantra and seek protection from the divine.