- Technology How To Get Airtel 4G Services In Lakshadweep Islands
- News ‘China and US will lose by fighting’: Xi Jinping tells Trump
- Sports Nine-time champ Federer cruises through Halle opener
- Movies Madame Tussauds Unveils Priyanka Chopra Figure In UK
- Automobiles Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill — Enough Of The Hooliganism
- Finance Facebook Announces Digital Currency Libra
- Education NEST Results 2019 Released: Check The Link And Important Details
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The lunar eclipse of 20-21 January 2019 will be the first lunar eclipse of the year and the second big eclipse of the year. The first eclipse took place on 6 January 2019. As the eclipse is approaching, the predictions are that the eclipse can cause various disastrous effects on earth. The eclipse will occur at 10.11 am and will continue for 62 minutes.
As per the experts, a lunar eclipse is also capable of causing a tsunami, volcano eruption, cyclone, or even fire incidents. Amidst these chances, it is suggested that you do not make the below-mentioned 17 mistakes.
Since the Sutak Kal will begin nine hours prior to the onset of the eclipse, it is better to avoid these mistakes, especially during this period.
Lunar Eclipse: Mistakes to Avoid
1. Pregnant women must avoid going out on lunar eclipse day.
2. Avoid any form of entertainment on the lunar eclipse day. This might bring inauspiciousness in life.
3. As there are high chances of negative instances, it is advisable that you do puja before the onset of the Sutak Kal. Also, it is better if you chant the name of Lord Shiva and even recite the Hanuman Chalisa.
4. Eating already cooked food has to be avoided on the eclipse day. Cooking is also not to be done.
5. Astrologers say people must abstain from non-vegetarian food as well. Spirituality says non-vegetarian food attracts negative energy faster.
6. In fact, it is also believed that water must also be avoided. This notion is believed because the Moon is associated with the element, water. But since not consuming water is not possible, you can add tulsi leaves to gangajal and can consume it.
7. We must also not consume milk or curd and should add tulsi leaves in it, if we have to store them.
8. Leaves of sacred trees should not be plucked during the eclipse. Therefore, make sure that you pluck the leaves and add them in water, milk and curd before the onset of the Sutak Kal.
9. Couples are advised to practice Brahmacharya for the eclipse period. Brahmacharya here implies refraining from intercourse.
10. You are also advised not to use sharp-edged tools such as knives or scissors. This might attract malicious effects of the eclipse.
11. The temples remain closed at the time of the eclipse, in order to protect the idols from the effects of the eclipse. Dev Pujan should not be done at home as well. As mentioned earlier, you can perform puja before the Sutak Kal begins.
12. It is preferable to keep the puja room covered with a curtain. In fact, many people even keep the idols of the gods covered with a cloth.
13. Try to keep calm and avoid speaking too much during the Sutak Kal.
14. Sleeping is also one of the activities you should avoid as the elements of negative energy in the atmosphere can affect us while we are asleep.
15. Smoking and intoxication on an eclipse day are also believed to be harmful. The probability of the harmful effects of these activities in the body increase under an eclipse. Hence, it is better to stay away from such activities completely for the day.
16. Avoid buying new clothes, shoes or even books. In short, it is better if you avoid shopping entirely on the eclipse day.
17. Since the eclipse is to occur in Capricorn, people of this zodiac are advised to practice special care.