TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
It is said that many people do not leave their families after death. While it is the body that gets separated, the souls stay with them for many more years. As a soul, the ancestors keep an eye on their children just to ensure their well being.
They support them in life and thus are regarded as gods, termed as Pitra Dev. There is a time when the Hindus offer prayers to these ancestors. Similarly, there are some 4 important times when ancestors come to visit as well. We have brought the relevant details. Take a look.
When You Are Alone
It is said that when we are alone, we can make a better emotional contact with the souls of those long departed. It is said that we should not fear them as they come to offer support in life. It is also said that we can only notice their presence when we are happily wanting to see them and are not afraid. And everybody cannot experience their presence.
When We Are Asleep Or Dreaming
Sometimes people claim of waking up at odd hours in the night and feeling very active, energetic and fresh. This usually happens from 3 am to 5 am. It is believed that this actually happens when our ancestors come to visit us. However, it is also said that they also come when we are in a deep sleep. Though this is not the only reason behind such a feeling.
During Hard Times In Life
When a person is going through hard times and there seems to be no solution for all the problems, when they can find no help and the all the people seem to be standing against them, it is then that ancestors are believed to come and see him. It is said that they come to help a person out at such times.
At Family Gatherings
Another belief is that whenever we have a family function and it is necessary to get the blessings of all the elders, the ancestors come at such times to give their blessings to the children. While few people might be able to notice their presence, not all are able to do that. It is said that they come for a short time and leave after giving blessings to their successors.