- 1 hr ago Does Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman’s Sex Drive?
- 19 hrs ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- 20 hrs ago Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- 21 hrs ago Real Stories Of Monogamous Couples: When And Why They Chose to Be Monogamous
- News Curbs in J&K to be further eased today
- Technology Office vs Office 365: Key differences you should know
- Movies Doordarshan News Anchor Neelum Sharma Passes Away; Netizens Offer Condolences
- Sports Keys powers past Kenin to set up Kuznetsova final in Cincinnati
- Automobiles Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
It is said that many people do not leave their families after death. While it is the body that gets separated, the souls stay with them for many more years. As a soul, the ancestors keep an eye on their children just to ensure their well being.
They support them in life and thus are regarded as gods, termed as Pitra Dev. There is a time when the Hindus offer prayers to these ancestors. Similarly, there are some 4 important times when ancestors come to visit as well. We have brought the relevant details. Take a look.
When You Are Alone
It is said that when we are alone, we can make a better emotional contact with the souls of those long departed. It is said that we should not fear them as they come to offer support in life. It is also said that we can only notice their presence when we are happily wanting to see them and are not afraid. And everybody cannot experience their presence.
When We Are Asleep Or Dreaming
Sometimes people claim of waking up at odd hours in the night and feeling very active, energetic and fresh. This usually happens from 3 am to 5 am. It is believed that this actually happens when our ancestors come to visit us. However, it is also said that they also come when we are in a deep sleep. Though this is not the only reason behind such a feeling.
During Hard Times In Life
When a person is going through hard times and there seems to be no solution for all the problems, when they can find no help and the all the people seem to be standing against them, it is then that ancestors are believed to come and see him. It is said that they come to help a person out at such times.
At Family Gatherings
Another belief is that whenever we have a family function and it is necessary to get the blessings of all the elders, the ancestors come at such times to give their blessings to the children. While few people might be able to notice their presence, not all are able to do that. It is said that they come for a short time and leave after giving blessings to their successors.