In the Hinduism, the gods and goddesses are regarded as the near and dear ones. If all the goddesses are regarded as a mother figure, Lord Shiva is considered to be the father.
Lord Vishnu is regarded as the best friend, as a lover, as a protector and so on. When you find your dear ones in the form of gods and goddesses, you want them to happy and hence you may offer them several things, in order to please them.
That's why during every puja or vrat, you offer garments, ornaments, flowers and foods to the gods and goddesses. As Hindu goddesses are the symbolism of the women, it is evident that they will also be fond of sarees.
What are the famous types of sarees that you can drape the kalasha with on the Varamahalakshmi day? Well, this depends on the household doing the worship and offerings.
Mata Lakshmi can be impressed with sheer devotion and prayer. But, as it is already told that the devotees like to decorate the goddess as their near one, they drape beautiful sarees to the Amman Mugham (the face of Goddess Varamahalakshmi).
Any type of a saree for Goddess Lakshmi can be used. Remember, Goddess Lakshmi is the symbol of the 'Suhagan' (a married woman). So, she should be draped in green or red sarees ideally.
Use kumkum, mangalsutra and bangles that are the necessities of a married woman. So, here are some types of sarees that you can drape the kalasha with on Varamahalakshmi festival. Read on to know more.
1. Silk Sarees: While discussing about the types of sarees for Goddess Lakshmi on Varamahalakshmi, this type is definitely chosen first. The traditional silk sarees across India make the Indian ladies look gorgeous. This can be the best option to drape Mata Lakshmi.
2. Mysore Silk Sarees: The silk material from Mysore is used for making sarees and dhotis for religious ceremonies. These silk items are available at affordable prices. So, if you have a desire to decorate goddess Lakshmi this year with a silk saree, Mysore silk can be a good option.
3. 9-Yard Saree: Varamahalakshmi Puja is famous mainly in the southern and south western parts of India, where women wear a 9-yard saree with layers. They definitely want to decorate mata Lakshmi in a way they are used to. This is also one of the famous types of sarees that you can use to drape the Goddess Lakshmi with on Varamahalakshmi.
4. Kanchivaram Silk Sarees: The pyramidical patterns, the checks and stripes make this saree look unique among the others. Also, you can't forget about the stunning colours. If you want to drape Goddess Lakshmi in a red saree, you can find vibrant red shades in kanchivaram silk sarees.
5. Konrad Silk Saree: Varamahalakshmi Puja is famous in Tamil Nadu and this saree is one of the specialities of this state. It can be one of the best types of saree for Goddess Lakshmi on Varamahalakshmi day. As these sarees are originally made for temple deities, you can buy this for Varamahalakshmi.
6. Patola Silk: This type of a silk saree is famous in Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and Orissa. You can welcome Goddess Lakshmi this year for Varamahalakshmi Puja with a Patola Silk saree. A red-coloured Patola Silk will be a perfect choice for the Goddess. Consider this as one of the types of sarees to drape Goddess Lakshmi with on Varamahalakshmi festival.
So, these are the popular types of sarees you can opt for. You can buy any saree to drape Mata Lakshmi with. Ultimately, your devotion, prayer and love are required the most to celebrate this festival.