- 3 hrs ago Sania Mirza Talks About Marriage, Motherhood And Matches In Latest Issue Of Femina
- 3 hrs ago Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- 3 hrs ago Mercury Transit In Aquarius 2021: How It Will Affect Different Zodiac Sign
- 3 hrs ago 7 Types Of Cancer That Affect Women
- Movies Bombay Begums Web Series Review: Alankrita Shrivastava-Pooja Bhatt's Shows Celebrates A Blend Of Real Women
- News TN elections 2021: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM seals poll deal with TTV Dhinakaran's AMMK
- Education On Women’s Day, NTPC Announces Special Recruitment Drive For Women
- Sports Vijay Hazare QF: Panchal century takes Gujarat to semi-finals
- Automobiles Skoda Rapid CNG Variant Coming To India: Zac Hollis Confirms 4 Product Launches In Next 12 Months
- Finance SBI vs Canara vs Kotak vs Yes Bank: Check Current Interest Rates On FD Here
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Pro Max First Sale On March 18: Should You Buy?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Breaking coconuts in front of a God and Goddesses idol is a common practice in India. Coconut is an essential offering in almost all rituals of Hinduism. Every new venture of an individual is started by breaking a coconut in front of the idol. Be it any wedding, festival or any important puja, coconut is a must-have item on the list. Have you wondered why coconuts is an essential item in every Hindu ritual? Let us find out.
Coconut is known as 'Sriphal' in Sanskrit. Sriphal means God's fruit. So, coconut is essentially the fruit of the Gods. Breaking a coconut symbolises smashing your ego and humbling yourself before God. The hard shell of ignorance and ego is smashed which gives way to inner purity and knowledge which is symbolized by the white part of the coconut.
Let us have a quick look at the significance of coconut in Hinduism.
Why Coconut Is Broken During Puja
At a point of time, human and animal sacrifices were quite common in Hinduism. When Adi Shankaracharya stepped in, he discontinued this inhuman ritual and replaced the offering of humans with an offering of coconuts. The coconut resembles a human head in many ways. The coir outside is compared to human hair, the hard shell is like a skull, the water inside resembles blood and the kernel is the mental space.
To Overcome Evil Eye
If someone has cast an evil eye on you, coconuts are prayed on and smashed. Take a coconut, measure a red thread exactly to your height and tie the thread around the coconut. Whirl it around your head 7 times and offer it to a flowing river.
To Overcome Ill-Effects Of Rahu
If you are affected by the planet Rahu, then sleep with a coconut near your head on a Wednesday night. Offer it to Lord Ganesha on the next day.
To Overcome Ill-Effects Of Saturn
Many people face problems in their life due to the bad effects of Saturn. So, to overcome the ill-effects of the planet Saturn or Shani all you have to do is put together a coconut, barley and black urad dal wrapped in a black cloth. Whirl it around your head 7 times and then offer it to a flowing river.
Overcome Financial Problems
On a Tuesday, make a paste of Jasmine oil, vermillion (sindoor) and draw a swastik sign on the coconut. Offer it to Lord Ganesha and recite the Rinmochak Stotram. You will definitely see improvement in your life.
If you are affected by black magic then visit a temple of Goddess Durga on Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday. Before visiting the temple, take one coconut, items of shringar, camphor, flower garlands and offer it to the Goddess and recite the mantra 'Hum Phat'. Perform aarti with camphor after that. All the ill-effects of black magic will soon become obsolete.