- 10 hrs ago 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- 13 hrs ago National Girl Child Day 2021: History And Significance Of This Day
- 14 hrs ago Lady Gaga’s Crown Braid Hairstyle At The Inauguration Is Chic But It Has A Hidden Detail That Is Unmissable!
- 14 hrs ago After Viral Memes, Here’s The Story Behind Bernie Sanders’ Famous Mittens
- Technology Week 4, 2021 Launch Roundup: Vivo X60 Pro+, Realme C20, HONOR V40 5G, LG K42 And More
- Movies Mohanlal To Play The Lead In The Film Bankrolled By Kerala Film Producers Association!
- Sports I was all ready, padded up, had taken injection as well: Jadeja
- News Let's have a duel: Amit Shah slams vaccine critics
- Finance Bandhan Bank Dips 13% In 2 Days; Analysts See Upto 59% Upside
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Flowers are considered holy and offered to the deities. In Hinduism, you can find various flowers that are offered to Gods and Goddesses. For example, pink lotus is offered to Goddess Lakshmi and white lotus on the other hand is a favourite flower of Goddess Saraswati.
Similarly, yellow coloured flowers are loved by Lord Vishnu, red flowers by Lord Hanuman, and white flowers by Lord Shiva etc. So, God is worshiped with different Indian pooja flowers.
There are many Indian pooja flowers that can be used for offering prayers. For example, jasmine, marigold, red hibiscus are few Indian pooja flowers that are offered to Gods and impress them. Few of the flowers like marigold and red hibiscus are offered to more than one Gods. Red hibiscus for example is loved by Maa Kali and Lord Hanuman. Marigold on the other side is offered to both Lord Vishnu and Ganesha as they both love yellow colour.
Similarly, lotus is offered to Goddess Lakshmi and Saraswati. It is also a flower loved by Lord Brahma. In iconography, Lord Vishnu, Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Brahma and Goddess Saraswati are portrayed on pink and white lotuses respectively. If you take a closer look at the Lord Vishnu idol, you can see Padmanabha (a lotus is seen coming out from His navel on which Lord Brahma is seated).
Take a look at the Indian pooja flowers that can be offered to deities.
Indian Pooja Flowers:
This wild flower is offered to Lord Shiva. Also known as akanda, the white and purple poisonous is an Indian pooja flower offered to impress Lord Shiva.
This Indian pooja flower is offered to Lord Hanuman, Maa Durga and Maa Kali.
Lord Vishnu is often worshiped by offering the aromatic, white jasmine flowers. He also loves marigold and any other yellow coloured flower.
Goddess Saraswati who is always clad in white, is considered as a symbol of purity and peace of mind. It is said Goddess Saraswati loves white and yellow coloured flower. Indian magnolia and marigold are yellow flowers that are offered to impress the Goddess of Wisdom and Knowledge.
The saffron yellow flower is offered to Lord Ganesha. In few places, you can also see this Indian pooja flower being offered to Lord Vishnu.
Red Indian pooja flowers like red hibiscus, nerium oleander and red rose are offered to Goddess Durga.
Lord Shiva is also worshiped with this Indian pooja flower. The purple orchid can be offered with milk to the shivling of Lord Shiva.
The pink lotus is offered to Goddess Lakshmi and the white lotus on the other hand is offered to Goddess Saraswati.