- 8 hrs ago 6 Ways In Which You Can Encourage Your Baby To Crawl
- 9 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Looks Elegant In Her Vibrant Yet Understated Suit
- 9 hrs ago Looking After Your Children Is Necessary, But Mothers Should Have Their ‘Me Time’ First
- 10 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin's Traditional Outfits Are Perfect For Women Who Are Fabric Connoisseurs
- Sports Dominika Cibulkova retires aged 30
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Choti Sarrdaarni Slips To 2nd Spot; Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka Witnesses Jump
- News Will work to form govt in Maharashtra, won’t reveal numbers now: Narayan Rane
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 Renders Leak: Punch-Hole Design, Quad Rear Cameras Hinted
- Travel Mandi – An Unexplored Gem Of India
- Automobiles Hyundai Confirms New Compact Sedan To Be Called Aura
- Finance India’s Q2 GDP Growth May Be At 4.2%: SBI Report
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
Once when Lord Hanuman was sitting in the palace with his mother and talking on some important matter, the discourse was interrupted by the melodious voice of somebody who was singing with the beats of a veena. Both Lord Hanuman and his mother were so impressed with the sound that they went on to listen to the soothing music for some moments without uttering a word. They wanted to know its source, so Hanuman rushed out of the palace to find out who the person was.
Lord Hanuman Meets The Divine Sage
As he came out, Lord Hanuman saw that it was Narad Muni who sang. Lord Hanuman rushed and touched his feet and offered his greetings, stopping the wandering sage thus. After accepting the greetings, the sage replied, "Dear Hanuman, as of now I am in a hurry, tell me the reason for stopping me thus."
Lord Hanuman Seeks A Blessing
Lord Hanuman said, "Dear sage, you sing so well! Both me and my mother could not stop without inquiring where the sound came from, as we loved your voice. I wonder how powerful your blessings can be! I request you to bless me before you proceed further."
Narad Muni agreed and asked what he wanted as a blessing. To this Hanuman expressed his inability to decide as he already possessed many boons from other gods. Hence, he requested the sage to decide something on his own and bless him.
Lord Hanuman Gets Music As A Blessing
Narad Muni gave him the knowledge of music and a good voice as a blessing. Blessed thus, Lord Hanuman was very happy. Now when the sage wanted to leave, Lord Hanuman stopped him again. He said that since that the admiration from him and his mother was proof of Narad Muni's great knowledge of music, he also needed the approval for his voice from somebody. Hence, he asked the sage to stop, sit and listen to his voice as he sang. And the sage too displayed patience and agreed.
Lord Hanuman's Talent Goes Through A Test
Both of them went to a forest. As they sat under a tree, Narad Muni kept his Veena on a big rock that lay beside the tree. Hanuman started singing, and the voice was undoubtedly so pleasing to the ears that Narad Muni just closed his eyes, lost in the beauty of the raag that Hanuman sang. Lord Hanuman, with an intent of mischief, sang the Malkauns raag which had the power to melt even the stones. So the rock on which the Veena was kept started melting. In some time, the rock had melted completely and the Veena was floating in the liquid.
The Veena Gets Embedded In The Rock
Just then, Narad Muni remembered that he had to go for some work. He asked Hanuman to stop. Accepting the order, Hanuman stopped singing and the rock solidified again, with the Veena embedded in it. When Narad Muni noticed this, he asked Hanuman to sing again. Now Hanuman, playing the mischief, denied to sing and started moving around. Narad Muni went running after him and Hanuman reached the palace.
Lord Hanuman Has A Decent Motive Behind The Mischief
Lord Hanuman's mother, Mata Anjana saw Narad Muni come running inside and greeted him, though surprised. After exchanging greetings, Narad Muni complained about Lord Hanuman's mischief to her. Hanuman said that since Narad Muni was a divine sage, he wanted him to come to their house. "Let his feet touch every part, every room of the palace and bless the place."
Impressed with the answer, Narad Muni was pleased and forgave him for the mischief. Lord Hanuman also sang the raag again and helped him get the Veena back.