- 11 hrs ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 11 hrs ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 12 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- 1 day ago Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Sports Senior Indian cricketer under scanner for flouting 'family clause' during World Cup
- News PM Modi pays tribute to Sheila Dikshit at her residence
- Movies Former Delhi CM Sheila Dixit Passes Away; Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar & Others Offer Condolences
- Automobiles Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Technology Portronics ‘Power Wallet 10K: Travel Organizer With Built-in 10,000mAh Power Bank
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Once when Lord Hanuman was sitting in the palace with his mother and talking on some important matter, the discourse was interrupted by the melodious voice of somebody who was singing with the beats of a veena. Both Lord Hanuman and his mother were so impressed with the sound that they went on to listen to the soothing music for some moments without uttering a word. They wanted to know its source, so Hanuman rushed out of the palace to find out who the person was.
Lord Hanuman Meets The Divine Sage
As he came out, Lord Hanuman saw that it was Narad Muni who sang. Lord Hanuman rushed and touched his feet and offered his greetings, stopping the wandering sage thus. After accepting the greetings, the sage replied, "Dear Hanuman, as of now I am in a hurry, tell me the reason for stopping me thus."
Lord Hanuman Seeks A Blessing
Lord Hanuman said, "Dear sage, you sing so well! Both me and my mother could not stop without inquiring where the sound came from, as we loved your voice. I wonder how powerful your blessings can be! I request you to bless me before you proceed further."
Narad Muni agreed and asked what he wanted as a blessing. To this Hanuman expressed his inability to decide as he already possessed many boons from other gods. Hence, he requested the sage to decide something on his own and bless him.
Lord Hanuman Gets Music As A Blessing
Narad Muni gave him the knowledge of music and a good voice as a blessing. Blessed thus, Lord Hanuman was very happy. Now when the sage wanted to leave, Lord Hanuman stopped him again. He said that since that the admiration from him and his mother was proof of Narad Muni's great knowledge of music, he also needed the approval for his voice from somebody. Hence, he asked the sage to stop, sit and listen to his voice as he sang. And the sage too displayed patience and agreed.
Lord Hanuman's Talent Goes Through A Test
Both of them went to a forest. As they sat under a tree, Narad Muni kept his Veena on a big rock that lay beside the tree. Hanuman started singing, and the voice was undoubtedly so pleasing to the ears that Narad Muni just closed his eyes, lost in the beauty of the raag that Hanuman sang. Lord Hanuman, with an intent of mischief, sang the Malkauns raag which had the power to melt even the stones. So the rock on which the Veena was kept started melting. In some time, the rock had melted completely and the Veena was floating in the liquid.
The Veena Gets Embedded In The Rock
Just then, Narad Muni remembered that he had to go for some work. He asked Hanuman to stop. Accepting the order, Hanuman stopped singing and the rock solidified again, with the Veena embedded in it. When Narad Muni noticed this, he asked Hanuman to sing again. Now Hanuman, playing the mischief, denied to sing and started moving around. Narad Muni went running after him and Hanuman reached the palace.
Lord Hanuman Has A Decent Motive Behind The Mischief
Lord Hanuman's mother, Mata Anjana saw Narad Muni come running inside and greeted him, though surprised. After exchanging greetings, Narad Muni complained about Lord Hanuman's mischief to her. Hanuman said that since Narad Muni was a divine sage, he wanted him to come to their house. "Let his feet touch every part, every room of the palace and bless the place."
Impressed with the answer, Narad Muni was pleased and forgave him for the mischief. Lord Hanuman also sang the raag again and helped him get the Veena back.