- 5 hrs ago Bigg Boss 16 ‘Circus Theme’ House Reflects Bold Colours, Effervescent Patterns, And Eclectic Vibe
- 6 hrs ago Nobel Prize For Literature: French Writer Annie Ernaux Wins Award
- 6 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Breathe Easy, This Sale Season: Upto 40% Off On Air Purifier
- 6 hrs ago Karva Chauth 2022: Alia Bhatt To Katrina Kaif, Red Ethnic Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- Movies Bigg Boss 16 October 6 Highlights: Nimrit And Shalin Battle It Out In The Captaincy Task
- News Cough syrups linked to Gambia child deaths not sold in India: Centre
- Finance Small Cap Stock, 8% Away From 52-Week Low, To Conduct Stock Split; 5 Years Return 6416%
- Sports ISL 2022-23: Kerala Blasters vs East Bengal; Preview, Kick-off time, Live telecast and Live Streaming details
- Automobiles New Ola Electric Scooter Incoming: Will Be Launched Around Diwali & Priced At Around Rs 80,000
- Technology Redmi Pad Review: Redefining Budget Tablet Category
- Education Jamia Millia Islamia launches new MSc Virology program: know details and how to apply
- Travel Sahara Desert: Largest Hot Desert in The World
Crying is one of the body's natural coping mechanisms. It helps us lower and process our emotional stress and is also good for our health and well-being.
When people deny their emotions, they often believe they disappear because they can't "see" or "feel" them. However, this is not the case. When people suppress their emotions and deny crying, probably due to a taboo that crying is a sign of weakness, they actually suppress the negativity inside, which further leads to many physical and mental health problems.
- wellnessTestosterone Promotes 'Cuddling' Behaviour And Not Just Aggression: Insights From New Study
Crying, on the other hand, lets these negative emotions come out and helps us deal with the pain, only to forget it later.
Here are seven situations in which shedding a few tears is acceptable.
1. To Respond To Loss And Grief
It's sad when we lose someone or something precious to us. It's the kind of feeling that swallows us whole and leaves us unable to do anything. To make things simpler for others around us, we often suppress our emotions, which is not the healthiest choice. Crying helps release the pain of loss and grief and gives us the strength to move on.
2. To Relieve Our Stress
Tears are therapeutic; the act of crying is believed to remove stress hormones or toxins from the body. When we cry, the parasympathetic nervous system, which regulates rest and digestion, is activated. A person's body and mind both benefit from crying as a means of stress relief.
3. To Clear Our Mind
We can use our tears as a kind of internal detergent to wash away any impurities and refresh our souls. Others who are able to express their emotions openly and frequently have an advantage over those who bottle up their feelings and allow their inner demons to rule them. By releasing pent-up emotions, we can better comprehend the causes of our emotional distress.
4. To Help Us Become Stronger
We may suppress our emotions and sensations at other times, but when we weep, we let them out in a healthy way. This means that we are more accustomed to dealing with the things that bring us down rather than ignoring them. If we choose to ignore our feelings, they will remain in the conscious mind and eventually cause problems for us. However, if we choose to face our fears and emotions, we will become stronger and more robust.
5. To Benefit Our Health
Most men and women across 35 nations felt better after weeping and with better health benefits, says a study published in the journal NCBI. Tears have a soothing effect on our minds and bodies. It helps us relieve pain, enhances our mood, aids sleep and fights countless bacteria. Keep that in mind the next time you reach for a tissue to dry your eyes.
- wellnessDid You Know That Crying Is Actually Good For Your Health?
- disorders cureDry Eyes: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment And Prevention
- pulseJust a Pause: A Deathbed Regret
- babyDoes Your Baby Cry Non-stop? It Could Be Purple Crying
- diet fitnessYoga For Strength, Flexibility And Mental Peace: All In 15 Minutes!
- diet fitness11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- disorders cureMyasthenia Gravis: Symptoms, Causes, Complications & Treatment
- diet fitnessHow Does Food Affect Our Hormones? Types Of Food To Avoid And Dietary Tips
- nutritionWhat Are Leptin And Ghrelin And How Do They Affect The Body Weight?
- wellness11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
- basicsOral Contraceptive Pills: Benefits, Types, How To Use, Effectiveness, Adverse Effects And Other Details
- wellness17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes