- 3 hrs ago World Menstrual Hygiene Day: What Is Cycle Syncing? How Does It Benefit Your Productivity And PMS Symptoms?
- 6 hrs ago Covid-19 In Babies: Here's What To Expect & What You Should Do
- 7 hrs ago World Menstrual Hygiene Day 2022: What Is Oligomenorrhoea? Causes, Symptoms & Treatments Of Irregular Periods
- 8 hrs ago Meet 42-Year Old Laxmi Jadhav, Mumbai's First Female BEST Bus Driver
- News Bodies of 3 sisters, their kids found in well in Jaipur, family alleges dowry death
- Technology Fire-Boltt Talk 2 Smartwatch With Bluetooth Calling Launching Soon; Specifications & Features
- Finance How To Download Aadhaar Card Online From UIDAI: Official Procedure
- Automobiles Hindustan Motors To Produce Electric Scooters & Cars; This Includes The New Ambassador EV
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Yeh Hai Chahatein Jumps To 2nd Spot; Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Returns To Top 10
- Sports GT vs RR IPL 2022 Final Stats & Records Preview: Buttler, Chahal, Ashwin, Hardik eye big milestones on May 29
- Travel Everest Day 2022, Indian Mountaineers Who Climbed Mount Everest
- Education RRB NTPC CBT 2 Level 2, 3, And 5 Exam Schedule Released, Check Exam Dates Here
Think about a situation where you are going to meet the person you have met online a few days ago. You wear your best clothes, apply a pleasant fragrance and have rehearsed the lines that you would be saying when you meet that person. You reach the venue. As soon as you spot your date, your smiling face turns out to be a shocking face. Because you notice that the person whom you have been chatting to is different than what he/she claimed to be. The person looks quite older than what he/she said.
At that point in time, you must be confused and might feel betrayed.
Well, this can happen with any one of us. Since online dating may or may not involve meeting in person in the initial days, chances are that people lie about themselves.
Shruti (21) a student from Delhi shared her experience with Boldsky, "I met a man on Facebook and the initial chatting turned out to be quite addictive. We started dating each other. The man claimed to be 22 years old and said he worked in a bank. When I asked him to meet he would deny saying he was busy or was out of the town. I grew suspicious and asked him to have a video call but he never showed his face."
"One day I secretly went to his address and I was shocked to see him. He was between 32-35 years. When I asked him strictly, he said he 'wanted to have some fun in his life' and was scared that if he revealed his true age, he would get rejected."
Another story is of Anita (20) from Patna who met a boy on a social media platform. The boy and Anita had a mutual friend through which the boy had approached Anita. They started chatting with each other on the social media platform and eventually exchanged numbers.
Later Anita came to know the boy had lied about his name, job, address and told many other lies. "He never paid a visit and would show no interest in letting me know about his age and his job. Moreover, he denied sharing his pictures," she recalls.
Tired of his blatant lies and denial, Anita ended the relationship. According to her, "the boy just wanted a fling and therefore, didn't feel the need to disclose his genuine details."
Rohit (25) from Delhi said to Boldsky, "I met my current girlfriend on a social media platform and we started to chat with each other. When we started dating, she won't disclose her address and denied meeting in person. However, we shared pictures and other whereabouts but she had the fear of what if I turned out to be deceptive. Eventually, we met and now she is absolutely fine."
So from the aforementioned experiences, we can say, people, lie while dating online due to the following reasons:
1. Insecure About Their Physical Appearance
People might feel insecure about their physical appearance and think they might get rejected if they disclose their real age. These people will deny sharing photographs. They will mention their age quite less than their real age.
2. Willing To Have Only A Casual Relationship
Sometimes people might not be interested in having a serious relationship. For this reason, they might not feel the need to disclose their genuine details. These people might speak truth after some time but this way they hurt their online dating partner if he/she comes to know about the lies.
3. Having Security Concerns
Some people might be concerned for themselves and won't feel comfortable to share their details. They might do this for their security reasons and would reveal their details only when they are sure about the people they have been dating online.
Disclaimer: The names and identifying details have been changed to maintain the privacy of the individuals.
- beyond love7 Mistakes A Sagittarius Makes In Relationships And Easy Ways To Avoid Them
- beyond loveInternational Women's Day 2022: Empowering Relationship Advice For Women
- relationshipAnti-Valentine Week 2022: When Is Slap Day, Kick Day, Breakup Day? Dates For Unromantic Week
- relationshipBorn In February? Your Birthday In The Month Of Love Will Reveal Your Personality Traits
- marriage and beyondExpert Opinion: Hashtag Divorce And the Celebration Of Separation On Social Media
- horoscopeLove And Relationship Horoscope 2022: Astrological Prediction For All 12 Zodiac Signs
- love and romanceMeeting The Right Person At The Wrong Time: What Happens Next And How To Deal With It
- relationshipFriendship Day Special: How Friendships Have Evolved In The Pandemic
- parents and childrenNational Sisters Day 2021: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On This Day
- beyond loveFriendship Day 2021 Exclusive: Real-Life People Talk About Their Friends
- beyond loveFriendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- pulseHappy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents