- 11 hrs ago Decoding Taapsee Pannu’s Contemporary Fashion Game
- 11 hrs ago Amazon Sale 2022: Exciting Offers And Discounts On Kids Items From Premium Brands
- 11 hrs ago Eye Implants Made From Pigskin Proteins Restored Sight In 14 Blind People: Things To Know
- 12 hrs ago 5 Ways To Make Your Man Feel Wanted In A Relationship
- Technology OnePlus Offering Up To 25% Off On New 5G Smartphones: OnePlus 10R 5G, OnePlus 10 Pro, And More
- Finance Buy This Auto Ancillary Stock For Superb Returns, SUV Segment To Drive Growth
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Start Date Is Out: Nagarjuna's Show To Premiere On Disney+ Hotstar
- News Impossible: Dolo 650 manufacturer on Rs 1000 crore marketing budget
- Sports Durand Cup 2022: FC Goa register first win; Blasters held
- Automobiles Mahindra Scorpio Classic Launched At Rs 11.99 Lakh - New Name, New Pricetag
- Education Pranav Gupta Jamboree Education Founder says - India's New Education Policy is Transformational
- Travel Bryce Canyon: Abode To A Series Of Natural Rock Amphitheatres
As per the ancient Indian text a man should wed a woman who is one third his age to have a successful married life together. But is age difference important in a relationship?
A relationship consists of two people who are willing to accept the good and bad aspects of each other and move ahead in life together.
They are willing to adjust no matter what but, does age difference matter in a relation. Yes it does matter.
The norms of the society have been constructed on the basis of keeping lot of aspects in mind such as biological, physical, emotional and financial.
Age is associated with the level of stability and maturity in a person which is essential in a relationship.
However, there are many contradictory views on the question of, “does age difference matter in a relation”. Some of the essentials keys that might be the reason for the norm are:
Is age difference important in a relationship? Well biologically it is. Men tend to mature biological 2 years lesser than their age, while women mature 2 years over their actual age. Hence, the above suggested age gap.
An older person is often associated with emotional stability while the younger one is impulsive. Hence, the age gap should be maintained to have a balance in the relationship, again supporting the argument of “Is age difference important in a relationship.”
Financial stability comes with age and experience. A starter has enumerable aspects that he/she has to work-out before settling down such as bank balance etc. A proper age gap ensures that the post-marriage life is settled and one doesn't have to fight for bare minimums.
Traditionally, a man is considered as the head of the family and hence, he demands respect. This is also essential need for a social acceptance of the couple.
Is age difference important in a relationship? Yes if you take the menopausal age into consideration since men attain menopausal age after 50 while women reach menopause between 45-48 years.
People want to think of retirement around 60-65 years of age. A woman of 35 would want to enjoy and make most of her life and not think of retirement as her husband who is 60, similarly if both the partners retire together they have adjustment issues.
For example, in a couple with 3 years age gap, a man would have 3 years to deal with post retirement stress before the wife takes on the road for the same.
The older partner starts babying the younger partner; it is essential in a relationship to a certain extent but over or under indulgence of anything is bad.
In same age group the factor would be missing altogether while in excessive age gap the over babying might create issues in the relationship.
Taking It To The Bed
An appropriate age-gap is essential for having a healthy sexual life and planning a family ahead. The sexual interest of the partners might be different in different age groups.
- marriage and beyondCompliments Are The Key To A Happy Marriage: Here Are 5 Reasons Why
- lgbtqJosh And MASH Project Foundation Partner With Nazariya LGBT Resource Group For #MeriLoveLanguage Campaign
- wellnessDid You Know That Celebrating Valentine's Day Can Benefit Your Health? Here's How
- marriage and beyondExpert Opinion: Hashtag Divorce And the Celebration Of Separation On Social Media
- horoscopeLove And Relationship Horoscope 2022: Astrological Prediction For All 12 Zodiac Signs
- love and romanceWhat Is Micro-Cheating And How To Deal With It? Expert Advice By Relationship Counsellor [Exclusive]
- love and romanceMeeting The Right Person At The Wrong Time: What Happens Next And How To Deal With It
- love and romance6 Reasons Why You Should Give Him Another Chance
- love and romance10 Ways Make Your Man Fall In Love With You Once Again
- beyond love8 Obvious Signs Your Partner Doesn’t Value You At All
- love and romance10 Things Your Partner May Secretly Wish To Hear From You
- beyond love7 Signs That Tell If He Isn’t Interested In A Second Date With You