- 41 min ago Majority Of Patients Who Have Recovered From Covid Experienced Stigma: Study
- 1 hr ago Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Maa Mahagauri Puja Date, Legend, Rituals, Mantras, And Significance
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 06 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 17 hrs ago Amazon Monsoon Sale: Save Up To 62% On Smart Watches & Wrist Watches For Both Men And Women
- Movies Arjun Bijlani On His Life After Participating In Smart Jodi: We Have Created Some Amazing Moments
- Technology Amazon Tecno Camon 19 Neo Quiz Answers: Win Rs. 500
- News Supreme Court to hear plea on AIADMK leadership row today
- Finance This Mutual Has Given 31.41% Annualized Returns In 3 Years SIP, Major Holdings In Infosys
- Sports Why Arsenal should prioritize on Youri Tielemans over Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
- Automobiles Honda Updates Offers For July 2022: Benefits Up To Rs 27,396
- Education Telangana Police SCT SI PC Exam 2022 Dates Announced, Check TSLPRB SCT SI PC Exam Date And Time Details
- Travel Skeleton Coast: The Most Dangerous Coastline In The World
The stories of people falling in love in unusual ways and having unconventional weddings have now become a common trend. However, a woman from Gujarat is all set to do something out of the ordinary and is planning to marry herself on 11 June, without a groom. This will be India's first sologamy or solo wedding.
According to reports, the 24-year-old Kshama Bindu is doing this in an extreme display of self-love. It is going to be a traditional Hindu wedding, in which Kshama will marry herself and also have 'pheras' and wedding vows. Reports say that Kshama has also written five vows for the wedding, which will be held at a temple in Gotri. Following the wedding, she intends to take a two-week honeymoon by herself.
Kshama stated in an interview that her unconventional decision to marry herself was intended to emphasise the fact that "women matter."
- beyond-loveALSO READ: No Marriage Movement, Solo Weddings - Can We Blame Women For Opting To Stay Single?
She added that she never wanted to get married, but had a desire to become a bride. This was the reason she had planned for her best day with herself. According to Kshama, self-marriage is a commitment to be there for oneself and to love oneself unconditionally. It's also a self-acceptance act.
When questioned about her parents' reaction, she stated that they were accepting of her wedding.
What is Sologamy?
Sologamy is a commitment to oneself rather than to singledom (the state of being unmarried). If you are happily unattached, looking for a partner, or are already in a committed relationship with another person, you can have a solo wedding.
Self-marriage and self-uniting marriage are some of the common terms for sologamy.
Self-marriage has grown in popularity in the twenty-first century, particularly among opulent women. In 2014, a travel agency named Cerca Travel based in Kyoto (Japan) began offering two-day self-marriage packages to women. The package includes a special gown, hairstyle, bouquet and accommodation.
- womenItalian Actress Gina Lollobrigida Turns 95: A Look At The Cinema Icon's Career
- womenWho Was Anne Frank? Google Dedicates Doodle To Honour The Life Of The Holocaust Victim
- womenWho Is Droupadi Murmu? Here's Everything You Need To Know About India's Presidential Candidate
- wellness11 Health Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore
- festivalsAhilya Bai Holkar Jayanti 2022: Facts About 'The Philosopher Queen' Of Malwa
- womenMeet 42-Year Old Laxmi Jadhav, Mumbai's First Female BEST Bus Driver
- womenCaptain Abhilasha Barak: First Woman Combat Pilot In The Indian Army; Know More About Her
- womenWHO Honours 1 Million ASHA Women For COVID-Care Role
- womenCannes Film Festival's First Female President: Iris Knobloch
- parents and childrenMother's Day Gifting Ideas As Per Your Mom's Zodiac Sign - Expert Suggestions
- womenWorld's Oldest Person Kane Tanaka Passes Away At 119: Know Her Secret To A Long Life
- womenExpert Explains: Hindu Women's Right To Property In India - Married, Unmarried, Widowed, First And Second Wife