Relationship experts say think twice before you cheat as it may turn into a habit gradually. In fact, that is the reason why there is a saying which goes like this: "Once a cheater will always be a cheater".
In a recent study, researchers made a group of people sit and asked several questions individually in order to study the patterns of their previous relationship. They specifically interviewed those who admitted that they have cheated on their partners in the past.
Also Read: What Happens If You Get Cheated?
If you are wondering what the study determined finally, here are some facts.
What Studies Say?
Surveys indicate that a person who cheats in a relationship may have 300% more chances of cheating in any relationship.
What About Victims?
Another interesting fact is that people who were cheated in a relationship have higher chances of being cheated in their subsequent relationships too. Maybe, they fall prey to another cheat unless they learn the lessons and be careful.
Also Read: Are You Accidentally Cheating?
What About Patterns Of Suspicion?
Here is another fact. Those who have suspected their partners in the previous relationships (due to being cheated) tend to have higher chances of suspecting their partners in their future relationships too!
What's The Result Of The Study?
The bottom line is: cheating has psychological effects on both the partners in unimaginable ways! It may turn into a habitual pattern if its not controlled.
What's The Role Of Brain Chemistry?
One reason why a person who cheats and gets away for the first time tends to do it repeatedly is due to the changing brain chemistry. The brain tends to get used to the adventure over a period of time.
Also Read: Reasons Why Women Cheat On You
What About Guilt?
When you do something unethical, your brain feels the stress for the first time. You might feel guilty. But the next time you again cheat, you may feel less guilty. This starts the undesirable pattern of behaviour.
- What To Do When Your Boyfriend Is Not Romantic Enough?
- Based On Your Birth Month This Is How You Will Find Your Love
- Love Story: Because Love Changes Its Form When The Situation Demands It To
- Love Story: Call Of The Wild Couple
- Celebrating 14th February 2018: The Nerdy Way
- Celebrating Long-distance Valentine's Day: The Modern Way
- When You Want To Please Your Man: Valentine’s Day 2018
- Love Story: When Love Comes As A Request
- When Love Is The Greatest Ability
- Love Story: When Life Gives You A Second Chance
- Love Story: When Love Is In The Air
- Love Story: Love Knows No Professional Ethics
- When Distance Does Not ‘Clash’