- 3 min ago Flashback Friday: Decoding Smita Patil’s Fashion From The Movie Mirch Masala
- 1 hr ago 8 Fashion Lessons To Take From Kriti Sanon’s Instagram Feed To Elevate Your Style
- 5 hrs ago Kamada Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 5 hrs ago Stay-At-Home Fashion Diaries: Hailey Bieber’s 3 Simple Looks That Can Give You Insta-Worthy Moments
- News COVID-19 Zydus Cadila gets emergency use approval for single dose of Virafin
- Sports IPL 2021: Best moment in life after my Test debut: Axar Patel
- Finance SBI Launches Video KYC Based Account Opening Feature, Details Inside
- Movies Udit Narayan Recalls His Conversation With Shravan Rathod When The Music Composer Recently Visited Kumbh Mela
- Automobiles Current Lockdown & Curfew Restrictions Likely To Affect Car & Bike Sales Again In 2021
- Technology Vi Message Center Number: Get All States Vi Message/SMS Center Number Details
- Education KVS Admission 2021 For Class 1 Merit List Delayed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
Vada is one of the most sought-after South Indian recipes. The recipe is quite healthy and delicious to eat. Prepared using urad dal and chana dal, you can have vada with sambar and chutney. People are often seen having vada, especially in the morning. In fact, it would be no wrong to say that you can always depend on vada to begin your day with.
As we know that those who are vegetarian need to have food rich in protein and fiber. For this, vada is one of the best dishes that you can have.
If you are wondering that vada is difficult to prepare then you may be wrong. In order to help you prepare delicious and crispy vada at home, we have brought the recipe for you.Scroll down the article to read more.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Vegetarian
Serves: 14 Pieces
- 2 teaspoons of rice flour
- 1 cup of urad dal
- 3 tablespoons of chopped dry coconut
- ¼ cup of chana dal
- 2 green chilies
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 inch finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves
- A pinch of hing
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
- First of all, wash and soak urad dal in 3 cups of water for 4-5 hours.
- Similarly, soak chana dal as well.
- After 4-5 hours, drain all water from the soaked dal.
- Grind the urad and chana dal together to make a smooth paste. Make sure you add water in little quantities as you need to make a thick batter.
- In order to make crispy and delicious vada, you need to make batter having the right consistency. Else you may not be able to give the appropriate shape to the vada.
- Now add chopped coriander, ginger, green chili and chopped dry coconut to the batter.
- Mix everything well.
- Now add 2-3 teaspoons of rice flour into the batter.
- This way the vada will become crispy when you fry them.
- Now add a pinch of hing in order to make the vada more digestible.
- After this, heat oil in a frying pan on medium flame.
- Now wet your palms and take a spoonful of batter in your palm.
- Using your wet thumb, make a hole in the center of the battery on your palm.
- Drop the batter having a hole into the hot oil.
- Fry the vada from both sides until slightly golden in colour. You can also choose to fry till the vada turns brown in colour. Else the vada may not be cooked well.
- Serve the vada with chutney and sambar.
- prepare delicious and crispy vada at home, we have brought the recipe for you.Scroll down the article to read more.
- Pieces - 14
- Cal - 97 kcal
- Fat - 5.2 g
- Protein - 3.6 g
- Carbs - 8.9 g
- Fiber - 1.8 g