- 24 min ago From Dutee Chand To Alia Bhatt, Here Are Amazing Stylish Vogue Photoshoots Of The Leading Celebs
- 25 min ago Diwali 2019: WhatsApp And Facebook Messages To Send To Your Loved Ones
- 32 min ago Malaika Arora Is A Sight To Behold In A Thick Blue Winged Eyeliner Look
- 2 hrs ago Anushka Sharma Stuns Us With Her Androgynous Outfit And Impressive Ear Jewellery
- Movies Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Deepika Padukone & Others Vote In Maharashtra Elections
- News Not stopping construction of Metro shed in Aarey, stay only on cutting trees: SC
- Technology GTA 6 Expected To Release By 2020 - Vice City Might Make A Comeback
- Sports WWE Monday Night Raw preview & schedule: October 21, 2019
- Finance Reliance Jio Marginally Cuts Prices Of Some Tariff Packs And Adjusts IUC
- Automobiles Honda CBR 650R Sold Out In India: Bookings For The Motorcycle Put On Hold Temporarily
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Going for a picnic with your friends or family in this great weather. We usually pack juices, sandwiches or junk food etc for some bites. Instead of junk food and chips try this amazing stir fry noodle salad recipe which is my all time favourite.
Tofu is a staple in Japanese cooking, where it is used in salads, noodle dishes and soups, as well as deep-fried. Also known as bean curd, it's high in protein, low in fat and calories, and free from cholesterol. Available in most supermarkets, tofu is made by soaking dried soy beans in water, then they're crushed, the 'milk' is separated off and a coagulant is added so the mixture separates into curds and whey - a bit like making cheese.
It's a perfect picnic snack. Easy to make and pack and does not require any heating. Go ahead and try this new recipe and share it with your friends.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Salad
Kaffir lime leaves (from supermarkets and oriental food stores) - 8
Blocks egg noodle - 4 tbsp
Sesame oil - 4 tbsp
Red peppers, deseeded and finely sliced - 2
Carrots, sliced into batons - 2
Large knob ginger, finely chopped
Bunch spring onion, finely sliced
Soy sauce - 6 tbsp
Handfuls bean sprouts - 2 large
Block tofu, cut into cubes - 15 cubes
Bunch coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped - 1 large
Garlic cloves, finely chopped - 2
For the dressing
Rice wine vinegar - ½ cup
Lemongrass - 2 sticks
Piece fresh red chilli (about one-third) - 1 small
Golden caster sugar - 2 tbsp
To make the dressing, tip all the ingredients and 4 of the torn lime leaves in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
Boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat to infuse.
Cook the noodles according to pack instructions, then drain and toss with 3 tablespoon of the sesame oil.
Leave to cool, tossing occasionally so they don't stick. Set aside.
Heat the rest of the oil in a wok and stir-fry the peppers, carrots, ginger and garlic for just 1 min, then set aside.
To serve, tip the noodles into a bowl and drain over the dressing.
Finely shred the remaining lime leaves and toss in with all the other ingredients, setting aside a small handful of coriander leaves.
Taste the noodles, adding a splash more vinegar, soy or sesame oil to suit your taste.
Pile the noodles onto a platter or into a large bowl.
Scatter over the rest of the coriander and serve.
- You can also add grilled seafood or fresh seafood to the salad; You can use rice noodles instead of egg noodles.
- Serving Size - 1plate
- Calories - 301 cal
- Fat - 11g
- Protein - 10g
- Carbohydrates - 44g
- Sugar - 14g
- Dietary Fiber - 3g