- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 08 May 2021
- 11 hrs ago Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Surprising Benefits Of Gold For Your Health And Beauty
- 16 hrs ago Flashback Friday: When Lady Diana Wore Yellow Overalls And How The Outfit Was Reimagined In The Crown
- 16 hrs ago Mother’s Day 2021: Reasons Why Mothers Are So Special
- News Tamil Nadu lockdown: Full list of what is allowed, what is not
- Movies Sushant Singh Rajput Drug Case: NCB Arrests A Drug Peddler In Goa
- Automobiles Honda H’Ness CB350 Prices Hiked Again In India: New Variant-Wise Price List
- Sports Hockey fraternity mourns the death of Ravinder Pal Singh
- Education AICTE Academic Calendar 2021-22 Released, Check Important Dates
- Finance Hospitals To Accept Cash Payment Of Rs 2 Lakh And Above For Covid Teatment
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Shrikhand is a dessert recipe that is believed to have originated in Maharashtra. It is usually prepared on the occasion of Gudi Padwa and other important festivals of the state. Prepared using hung curd, Shrikhand is quite delicious and will make you fall in love with it. Though it is a dessert recipe, people serve it as a side dish, too. People love to have Shrikhand with puris and chapatis. It can also be consumed after having a spicy and heavy meal to balance everything.
This Gudi Padwa, make your celebration sweeter by preparing Shrikhand for your loved ones. You can prepare Shrikhand quite easily as the recipe isn't tough at all. In order to know how you can prepare Shrikhand at your home, scroll down to read more.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 2 cups of homemade curd
- 2 tablespoons of saffron water
- 8-10 of chopped pistachios
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of cardamom powder
1. Take a large bowl and place a sieve.
2. After this, spread a muslin cloth. You may skip this step if you have a sieve with fine holes.
3. Now pour 2 cups of homemade curd.
4. In case you don't have homemade curd, you can use the one brought from the store.
5. After this, tie the cloth and let it rest for at least 1-2 hours.
6. This way, the water will drain out of the curd or completely.
7. Now refrigerate the curd for 1-2 hours to prevent it from becoming sour.
8. After this, in a large bowl, mix the curd.
9. Now add ½ cup of powdered sugar along with 2 tablespoons of saffron water and ¼ teaspoon of cardamom powder.
10. Combine everything well to get a uniform texture.
11. Finally, garnish the Shrikhand with some chopped pistachios. You can also sprinkle some saffron strands on the shrikhand.
- In case you don’t have homemade curd, you can use the one brought from the store.
- People - 4
- Calories - 184 kcal
- Protein - 7g
- Carbohydrates - 25g
- Sugar - 25g