- 2 hrs ago Managing Diabetes To Reducing Weight, Some Amazing Health Benefits Of Jicama
- 2 hrs ago Yuru Kabgyat Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- 4 hrs ago What Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 5 hrs ago 5 Things To Keep In Mind While Designing Your Kids' Bedroom
- Automobiles State-Wise Percentage Of Car/Bike Ownership In India
- News Yasin Malik sentenced to life imprisonment in terror funding case
- Travel Adventurous Road Trips During Monsoon In India 2022
- Movies Thank You Teaser Review: Naga Chaitanya-Vikram K Kumar's Movie Looks Promising
- Technology Oppo Reno 8 Pro Indian Variant Details Out; Coming Next Month Alongside Reno 8
- Sports Javelin star Neeraj Chopra gets approval to train in Finland ahead of Diamond League in Stockholm
- Education Assam HSLC Result 2022: Check SEBA Class 10 HSLC Result Date, Steps To Download And Other Details
- Finance Emkay Global Recommends Buying This Fashion & Retail Stock For Over 40% Returns
Ram Navami is a Hindu festival that celebrates the birth of Lord Rama. In 2022, Chaitra Ram Navami celebrated during the summer season (March-April) falls on 10 April.
On this auspicious day, many types of naivedyam or prasada are offered to Lord Rama, including Panakam. It is a traditional South Indian cooling drink made with ingredients like jaggery and cardamom. The beverage is offered to the lord as a 'prasad' and is also distributed among the devotees.
The drink helps beat the summer heat and is super easy to prepare. Here's how you can prepare the beverage at your home.
How To Prepare Panakam
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Beverages
- One-third cup of jaggery, chopped.
- One and one-third cups of water. You can increase the amount if required.
- One-fourth teaspoon of dry ginger powder, also known as saunth.
- A pinch of black pepper powder.
- One-third teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- Salt to taste.
- A medium-sized lemon, juiced.
- A few tulsi leaves for topping (optional).
- Ice cubes (optional).
- In a big bowl, add jaggery and water and mix them well.
- Allow the jaggery to soak in the water for around 30-40 minutes.
- Filter the jaggery syrup for any impurities.
- Add lemon juice, dry ginger powder, cardamom powder, black pepper and salt
- Mix well.
- Pour in a glass with some ice cubes (if desired) and top with a few tulsi leaves.
- You can add edible camphor to enhance the taste of the beverage.
- People - 2
- Calories - 288
- Fat - 2 g
- Protein - 2 g
- Carbohydrates - 70 g
- Fiber - 2 g
- Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- Ram Navami 2021: Powerful Mantras Of Lord Rama That You Can Chant
- Ram Navami 2021: Different Names Of Lord Rama Along With Their Meanings
- Ram Navami 2022: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On This Day
- Ram Navami 2021: The Story Of Lord Rama, Shabri And Her Half-Eaten Berries
- Ram Navami 2020: What Happened In Ayodhya During Rama’s 14 Years Of Exile
- Mango Special Recipes: How To Prepare Summer-Friendly And Tasty Mango Chickpea Salad
- Benefits Of Drinking Khus Sharbat In Summers: How To Make It?
- Ramadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Mango Kesari During The Festival
- Ramadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Carrot Kalakand
- Happy Holi 2022: Special Imli Ki Chatni Or Tamarind Chutney Recipe: How To Prepare
- Treat For Seafood Lovers: How To Make Spicy Shrimp Pizza At Home