- Finance BIS Hallmark- Eligibility and Registration Process for Selling Hallmarked Gold
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Croatia vs Brazil: Brazil ousted after penalty defeat against Croatia
- Movies Exclusive! Flora Saini Recounts Brutal Domestic Violence Case: 'He Dragged Me By Hair On Streets'
- Technology Apple MacBook Pro With M2 Max Benchmarked on Geekbench Ahead of 2023 Launch
- News Congress high command to decide Himachal chief minister
- Automobiles The CT-1 Microcar Is A Real Life Transformer That May Just Change The Way We Drive
- Education DU PG Third Merit List 2022 To Be Out On December 12 At admission.uod.ac.in; Know How To Check
- Travel 5 Most Epic Offbeat Places To Visit In South India During Winter
The festival of Ramadan starts today i.e 2 April and will end on 2 May. During the entire month of the festival, Muslims observe a fast from dawn to sunset and then, open the fast (iftar) with delicacies.
Here is a recipe for one of the famous South Indian desserts, Kesari, that can be a great add-on to the iftar meal. Kesari is similar to 'Suji ka halwa' which is famous in North India and can be made in varieties of ways.
As summer is the season of mangoes, one could easily try to blend this juicy and delicious fruit with kesari and prepare a new dish.
How To Prepare Mango Kesari
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Dessert
- A large-sized mango or three-fourth cup of mango pulp, chopped.
- One-fouth cup of sooji or rava.
- One-fourth teaspoon of saffron.
- Two tablespoons of ghee.
- A few cashews.
- A few raisins.
- 3-4 cardamom seeds.
- Sugar/jaggery (optional). Skip sugar if the mangoes are too sweet.
- One and a half cups of water.
- In a blender, add mangoes, sugar (optional), saffron and cardamom seeds.
- Blend until smooth and keep aside.
- In a pan, add water and allow it to boil.
- In another pan, add ghee and allow it to melt.
- Add sooji/rava and cashews.
- Roast both of them on a low flame for around five minutes or until they become light golden.
- By the time the sooji is roasted, the water will start boiling.
- Add mango puree to sooji and mix well.
- Add boiling water from another pan bit by bit and mix well.
- Make sure no lumps are left and the mixture is smooth.
- Cover the lid and let the halwa cook for 3-4 minutes.
- You will notice that sooji will start absorbing the water and become thick.
- Allow the water to absorb completely and mango kesari is done.
- Serve hot.
- You can add milk instead of water or half milk half water.
- People - 1
- Calories - 277
- Fat - 11 g
- Protein - 3 g
- Carbohydrates - 40 g
- Fiber - 1 g
- Diabetic-Friendly Recipes For Ramadan: How To Prepare Banana-Pecan Oatmeal Cups
- Mango Dessert Recipe For Ramadan: How To Prepare Mango Panna Cotta
- Eid Mubarak: 5 Home Decor Ideas for Eid Al-Fitr 2022
- Quick Ramadan Recipe For Iftar: How To Prepare Savory And Crispy Keema Samosa
- Ramadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Carrot Kalakand
- Ramadan 2022: Start Date, End Date, Sighting Of Moon, Fasting And Significance
- Eid-Ul-Fitr 2021: Cool Gift Ideas For Your Loved Ones Within Budget
- Jamat-Ul-Vida 2021: Know About The Last Friday Of Ramadan
- Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan, Divyanka Tripathi And Others’ Pretty Palazzo Sets Could Be Your Festive Look
- Ramadan Amidst COVID-19: How To Keep The Spirit Of The Festival Alive Along With Staying Healthy
- Ramadan 2021: Gauahar Khan’s Embroidered Blue Lucknowi Kurti Is All You Need To Ace Festive Look
- Ramadan 2021: How To Prepare Falooda Recipe During The Summer