- 14 hrs ago Designer Virgil Abloh, Famous For High-End Streetwear, Passes Away At 41 From Cancer
- 16 hrs ago Omicron Reportedly Has 30+ Mutations In Spike Protein Region, May Bypass Vaccines: AIIMS Chief Randeep Guleria
- 17 hrs ago Amazon Sale: Awesome Smart And Elegant Watches For Women With Up To 60% Off
- 17 hrs ago Planning To Bleach Your Hair? 8 Things To Look Out For And A Step-By-Step Guide
- Movies Nushrratt Bharuccha Recalls Scary Incident At Hotel; 'When My Staff Came, They Said, ‘Ma'am We Should Leave’
- Sports Lionel Messi wins historic seventh Ballon d'Or
- News Omicron variant scare: Lesson learnt hard, Here’s how states are preparing
- Finance Small Cap Company Stock To Watch Out After Dolly Khanna Ups Stake
- Education KVPY Aptitude Test 2021 Date Announced, Check KVPY Fellowship Exam Date And Other Details Here
- Technology Oppo Reno7, Reno7 Pro India Pricing Details Out; Reno7 SE Not Coming
- Travel Discovery’s Lost Essence S2: Cyrus Sahukar Explores The Hidden Gems Of India
- Automobiles Nissan To Launch 15 New Electric Vehicles By 2030
When it comes to having evening time snacks and street food, Raj Kachori has no match. It is one of the ultimate indulgences in Indian Cuisine. Made up of sooji, besan and maida Raj Kachori is actually famous for its tempting fillings. The fillings basically comprise boiled potatoes, sprouts, boiled chickpeas, spices, yogurt, chutneys and pomegranate.
Usually kachoris are simple and basic when compared to Raj Kachori. Perhaps this is the reason Raj Kachori is considered to be the king of kachoris and therefore the dish has got its name. Today we are here to tell you the recipe of Raj Kachori. In order to read the recipe, scroll down the article to read more.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Snacks
1. For Making Kachoris:
a. 3 tablespoons of besan
b. 1 cup of fine sooji
c. 1 tablespoon maida (all-purpose flour)
d. ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
e. ¼ teaspoon of salt
f. 2 teaspoons of oil
g. water to knead the dough
2. For Filling:
a. 3 medium-size boiled potatoes
b. 1 cup of boiled chickpeas
c. 1 cup of boiled moong dal
d. 10-12 papri
e. 4 teaspoons of chaat masala
f. 4 teaspoons of cumin powder
g. 4 teaspoons of cilantro chutney
h. 4 teaspoons of tamarind chutney
i. Kashmiri red chili powder to garnish
j. ½ cup of chopped cilantro to garnish
k. 1 cup of sev to garnish
l. ½ cup of pomegranate arils to garnish
m. 4 cups of plain yogurt
n. 2 teaspoons sugar
o. 3-4 teaspoons of black salt
p. Salt according to taste.
1. First of all, let us begin by preparing the filling for the Raj Kachori.
2. You can either dice or mash the boiled potatoes.
3. Boil the moong dal along with the chickpeas.
4. Take a large bowl and whisk 4 cups of plain yogurt.
5. Mix sugar and black salt in it and keep it aside.
6. In a bowl, mix fine sooji, maida, besan, salt and baking powder.
7. Now add 2 tablespoons of oil to the bowl and mix everything well.
8. Knead the mixture into a smooth and firm dough by adding water in little quantities.
9. Let the dough rest for a few minutes.
10. Meanwhile, heat oil in a Kadai on medium flame.
11. Pinch a small portion of dough and roll it into a round shape.
12. Once the oil is heated, deep fry the rolled kachori in it until golden brown from both sides.
13. Take out the kachori and tap and break the upper part of the kachori in such a way that the upper layer of the kachori falls inside the kachori.
14. Now place the kachori in a serving plate to add the fillings into the kachori.
15. Add the 2-3 teaspoons of diced/mashed potatoes.
16. Then add 1-2 teaspoons of boiled chickpeas. After this add 1 teaspoons of crushed papri.
17. After this, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of chaat masala along with 1 teaspoon of cumin powder and 2 pinches of salt.
18. Add the whisked yogurt in the kachori along with 1 tablespoon of boiled moong dal.
19. Add 1 teaspoon of cilantro chutney and 1 teaspoon of tamarind chutney as well.
20. After this Again pour 1-2 tablespoons of yogurt followed by cilantro and tamarind chutney.
21. Sprinkle some more cumin powder, chaat masala and red chili powder on the top.
22. Garnish with chopped sev, cilantro and pomegranate.
23. Repeat the process with the remaining dough and kachoris.
24. Serve raj kachori immediately by pouring more yogurt if needed.
- Usually kachoris are simple and basic when compared to Raj Kachori. Perhaps this is the reason Raj Kachori is considered to be the king of kachoris and therefore the dish has got its name.
- 4 - People
- kcal - 582 kcal
- Fat - 50 g
- Protein - 8 g
- Carbs - 27 g
- Fiber - 2 g