Navratri season is on and we definitely look for different options to try. We usually have fried stuff during Navratri, since we have no other option left; however, Chef Ashwani Kumar Singh gives us this amazing Vrat recipe called Lauki (bottle gourd) ka saag.
Bottle gourd is healthy, light and the saag made from it is neither fried nor is too oily. Check out the recipe.
Recipe By: Chef Ashwani Kumar Singh
Recipe Type: Side Dish
Lauki - 1 medium
Desi ghee - 3 tbsp
Green chillies (chopped) - 2
Ginger (grated) - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Black pepper powder - ½ tsp
Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
Sendha namak (rock salt) - to taste
Coriander (chopped) - 1 tbsp (for garnishing)
- In a pressure cooker, heat 1 tsp of ghee and add cumin seeds.
- Add green chillies, ginger and stir for a few seconds.
- Add turmeric, salt, pepper, garam masala and stir.
- Add lauki and half a cup of water, and mix well.
- Put the lid on and cook up to 3 whistles on medium heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- If you are not preparing this for a vrat, you can use regular salt instead of rock salt.
- Serving Size - 1 bowl
- Calories - 73 cal
- Protein - 2 g
- Carbohydrates - 16 g