- 10 hrs ago Navratri 2022 Day 9: Deepika Padukone To Sara Ali Khan, Pink Navratri Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- 11 hrs ago Actor Dheeraj Dhoopar Speaks About His New Hairstyle In Sherdil Shergill
- 11 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Bring Gym To Your Home, Upto 70% Off On Gym Equipment
- 13 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Don’t Miss Out On These Offers On Home Furnishings
- Movies Ponniyin Selvan-1 Twitter Review: Netizens Pour In Their Opinions On Mani Ratnam's Epic Period Film
- News Monsoon has withdrawn from Delhi: IMD
- Sports Legends League Cricket: India Capitals grab sole lead after crushing victory over Manipal Tigers
- Finance Buy This Multibagger Large Cap Pharma Stock, Target Price Rs 1,724: Anand Rathi
- Technology Vodafone Idea and OnePlus Partner to Drive 5G Ecosystem in India
- Automobiles GT Force Launches GT Soul Vegas & GT Drive Pro Electric Scooters - Prices Start At Rs 47K
- Education What are tactical nuclear weapons? An international security expert explains and assesses what they mean for t
- Travel Cathar Castle Hike: A Stunning Castle Trail To Explore
Plums are among the monsoon's best fruits; they usually come in red, purple or yellow colours and are sweet to tangy in taste. The fruit, also known as aloo bukhara, is not only good in its flavour but also has a list of health benefits. They are packed with nutrients like polyphenols and dietary fibre, which are good for lowering cholesterol, managing diabetes, increasing satiety and improving muscle and bone health. 
Here is the recipe for mouth-watering and flavoursome plum chutney, which you can pair with chapati or rice or evening snacks like pakoras.
Take a look at the recipe.
How To Prepare Plum Chutney
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Snacks
- 4-5 fresh and ripe plums.
- Half tablespoon of raisins.
- Around 4-5 dates, especially Medjool dates, as they have a soft and rich skin, a chewy texture and a caramel-like taste while regular dates have a firm outer layer and are a bit less sweet than the prior.
- One-fourth teaspoon of black cumin seeds.
- Half teaspoon of roasted cumin seeds.
- A dried red chilly.
- A small-sized bayleaf.
- A pinch of turmeric.
- Half cup of powdered jaggery.
- Two tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Salt to taste.
- Wash the plums, deseed them and cut them into small pieces.
- In a half-filled bowl of lukewarm water, soak raisins and dates.
- In a pan, heat the mustard oil.
- Put black cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Put dried red chili and bay leaf in and saute them for a few seconds.
- Add plums and soaked dates.
- Add turmeric and salt to taste.
- Cook on a medium flame for around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add soaked raisins and jaggery and mix well.
- Cook further for 10 minutes.
- Once you see that the ingredients are cooked or that they have become very mushy, take small amounts of the chutney in your palm and taste it.
- Add more jaggery if you like it a bit sweet.
- Add roasted cumin seeds.
- Mix well and serve with your favourite snack.
- To thicken the consistency of the chutney, take a teaspoon of whole wheat flour and prepare a lump free paste by adding some water. Put this mixture in the chutneys a minute before taking the pan off the heat.
- People - 1
- Calories - 107
- Protein - 1g
- Carbohydrates - 23 g
- Dietary Fibre - 5.3 g
- Monsoon Has Arrived: 12 Healthy Fruits To Get Indulged In
- Spicy Chutney Recipe: How To Prepare Egg Chutney In Just 20 Minutes
- Happy Holi 2022: Special Imli Ki Chatni Or Tamarind Chutney Recipe: How To Prepare
- Dahi Ki Chutney Recipe: How To Prepare Curd Chutney
- Top Chutney Recipes | Indian Dip Recipes | Summer Recipes
- Akki Rotti Recipe: Karnataka Style Akki Rotti Recipe
- Ragi Rotti Recipe
- How To Prepare Low-calorie Green Gram Dosa At Home
- How To Make Kadalebele (Chana Dal) Chutney
- Tomato Chutney Recipe: How To Prepare Spicy Tamatar Chutney
- Bengali-style Tomato Chutney Recipe: Sweet And Spicy Bengali Tomato Chutney
- Green Mango Chutney Recipe | Kacche Aam Ki Chutney Recipe | Raw Mango Chutney