- 4 hrs ago How Does The Body Convert Carbohydrates Into Energy?
- 5 hrs ago Actress Elli AvrRam Shares Some Intriguing Personal Experiences On Her TedXBITS Talk
- 6 hrs ago Is There A Link Between Drinking Too Much Water And Blood Pressure?
- 8 hrs ago Kottiyoor Utsavam 2022: Date, Time, History And Significance
- News Video: Portion of mountain crashes near J&K tunnel collapse site in Ramban
- Finance Ujjivan SFB Modifies Interest Rates On Saving Account Deposits: Check Rates Here
- Technology Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC Benchmarked: Better Than A15 Bionic
- Automobiles BMW M4 CSL Revealed With 542bhp - Ultralight M4 Drops 100 Kilos, Gains Iconic Badge
- Sports MS Dhoni says he will play for Chennai Super Kings in IPL 2023; Fans go ecstatic!
- Movies Sonu Nigam Shares Interesting Story About Lata Mangeshkar And Her Fear Of Performing On Stage
- Education SSC Junior Engineer 2020 Final Result Declared, Download SSC JE 2020 Final Results On ssc.nic.in
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
Maharshivratri, a great festival for Lord Shiva devotees, is on 1 March this year. People, on this day, usually observe a fast or prefer eating pure and non-grain items, such as sabudana.
Sabudana, also known by the name Sago, Rabia, saksak and sagu, is an edible starch that is extracted from the pith of various types of tropical palm stems. It is then commercially converted into a small pearl-like shape for easy cooking. According to the USDA, a cup of sabudana contains around 135 g of carbs, 544 calories and 1.37 g of fibre.
Sabudana is a good energy-booster diet and helps provide us loads of energy during fasting. Also, it is gluten-free, meaning good for people with Celiac disease or any gluten allergy. Additionally, sabudana is also good for digestion and helps promote stronger bones. Make sure you eat sabudana in limited quantities as it may lead to weight gain when consumed in higher amounts.
Here is an easy sabudana bhel recipe you can try this shivratri. This recipe is made by combining sabudana with potato, peanuts and cashew nuts. Also, you have an option to sweeten it with jaggery or sugar powder or make it salty with rock salt or sendha namak, a salt type considered to be pure during the fasting period.
How To Prepare Sabudana Bhel
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Vegetarian
- Half cup of sabudana.
- A tablespoon of peanuts.
- A tablespoon of cashews.
- A medium-sized boiled potato.
- Two teaspoons of ghee/cooking oil.
- Rock salt as per the taste.
- Half a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- A small green chilli (optional).
- A few coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Rinse sabudana well in water and then let it soak for around 4-5 hours. You can preferably soak it overnight. Drain and keep aside.
- Peel the potato and cut it into small pieces.
- Take a pan and dry roast peanuts and cashews separately until they are crisp and golden brown.
- In the same pan, heat ghee and add sabudana.
- Cook until the pearls get translucent, soft and slightly sticky.
- Add chopped potatoes, chillies, cashews and peanuts.
- Mix well and add rock salt.
- Transfer to eating bowls and add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
- If you plan to eat sabudana bhel with jaggery or powdered sugar, it is better to avoid adding chillies, lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- People - 2
- Calories - 612
- Fat - 20 g
- Protein - 10 g
- Carbohydrates - 100 g
- Fiber - 8 g
- Banana-Tapioca Pearls Pudding Recipe: How To Make Kele Aur Sabudane Ki Kheer
- 11 Amazing Benefits Of Sabudana (Tapioca Pearls)
- Mahashivratri 2022: Which Colour Outfit To Wear On The Auspicious Day?
- Mahashivratri 2022: Lord Shiva And His 19 Avatars, Meaning And Significance
- Maha Shivratri 2022: Know About Rudrabhishek, Puja Vidhi And Ingredients Required
- Mahashivratri 2022: What Clothes To Wear And Not To Wear On This Auspicious Day
- Mahashivratri Vrat Recipes: How To Make Kheer From Amaranth/Rajgira/Ramdana Grains
- Mahashivratri 2022: Ashtottara Shatanamavali Or 108 Names of Lord Shiva
- Mahashivratri 2022: How To Worship Lord Shiva According To Your Zodiac Sign
- Mahashivratri 2022: Benefits Of Offering Lord Shiva His Favourite 15 Flowers With Devotion
- Mahashivratri 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Vrat Vidhi And Significance
- Maha Shivratri 2020: Know The Difference Between Jyotirlinga And Shivlinga