Fish Pulao is the tastiest pulao recipe that you can ever relish during the Durga Puja time. While pandal hopping, you can easily identify this recipe everywhere.
It's a creamy pulao with fresh fish in it. The softer the fish, the tastier is the treat. It's a simple recipe which is truly satisfying. It forms for a great one-pot meal.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Main Course
Boiled rice - 1 cup
Fish fillets - 300 g
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Onion paste - 1/2 cup
Garam masala - 1/4th tsp
Yoghurt - 1 cup
Cream - 1/4th cup
Coriander leaves (chopped) - 2 tbsp
Fried onions - 1/4th cup
Oil to fry
1. Mix the turmeric, chilli powder, salt, ginger, garlic, onion, and garam masala.
2. Add half a cup of yogurt and marinate the fish in it, for half an hour.
3. Heat the oil and pan fry the fish till brown and let it cook through.
4. Take it off the heat and mix in the rest of the yogurt, cream, hara dhania and half the fried onions.
5. Place half the rice in a greased pan in a layer.
6. Place the fish mixture in a layer over this and cover with the rest of the rice.
7. Seal the pan and place it over low heat for 20-30 minutes.
8. Serve it hot, garnished with the rest of the fried onions.
- 1. You can seal the pan with aluminium foil, so that the steam does not escape from the pan.
- Serving size - 1 bowl
- Calories - 500 cal
- Fat - 9 g
- Protein - 37 g
- Carbohydrates - 68 g
- Sugar - 3 g
- Dietary fibre - 7 g