- 2 hrs ago What Is Psychedelic Therapy? Benefits And Risks Of The Future Of Mental Health Treatment
- 4 hrs ago On Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Birthday, Her Fashion From Movies Including Jab We Met And Omkara
- 8 hrs ago Expert Article: Nutritional Care And Challenges In Feeding A Patient With Alzheimer’s
- 9 hrs ago Durga Puja 2021: Mahalaya Tarpan Meaning And Rituals Performed on Pitru Paksha
- Automobiles New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- News DOT School of Design
- Technology JioPhone Offering 24GB Data With Most Expensive Plan: How To Get It
- Education MHT CET Admit Card 2021 Released For PCB Group, Download Hall Ticket From cetcell.mahacet.org
- Movies Raj Kundra Case: HC Expresses Concern About Media Reports On Shilpa Shetty's Kids
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
- Finance Pension Alert: Dearness Relief For These CPF Beneficiaries Hiked To 356% Of Basic Ex-Gratia
- Sports Hockey: Building on our Tokyo Olympics performance is very important for us: Nikki Pradhan
Come any time of the year and fish is the most loved item for most people, especially Bengalis. Usually, they love to indulge in fish made items at home. Fish cutlet is a very commonly made recipe as a snack.
Here, we bring to you a very easy and quick recipe of fish cutlets that you could try as an evening snack or a side for main course.
We are sure your guests will love this recipe to the core. It is an ideal recipe for parties and pot-lucks. You can serve the same with a tartar dip or a mint chutney or any mayo of your choice. Here is a simple recipe to prepare the fish cutlets at home.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Snacks
Potatoes (cut into chunks) - ½ kg
Sardines in spring water (drained) - 2 cans
Chopped parsley - 4 tbsp
Zest and juice lemon - 1 small
Light mayonnaise - 3 tbsp
Fat-free Greek yogurt (we used total 0%) - 4 tbsp
Seasoned plain flour - 1 tbsp
Sunflower oil - 4 tsp
Green salad and lemon wedges, to serve
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, for about 15-20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, coarsely mash the sardines in a bowl.
3. Mix in 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley and half the lemon zest and juice.
4. Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise and yogurt with the remaining parsley, lemon zest and juice and add some seasoning to it.
5. Drain the potatoes, then mash them until smooth.
6. Gently mix into the sardine mixture and season.
7. Shape into 8 fat fish cakes using floured hands, and then dust them lightly with the seasoned flour.
8. Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry half the fish cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side until they turn golden and crisp.
9. Repeat with the remaining oil and fish cakes.
10. Serve with the lemony mayonnaise, salad and lemon wedges.
- 1. There’s no need to remove the calcium-rich bones from the sardines, as they are soft enough to be consumed.
- Serving Size - 1 big cutlet
- Calories - 287 cal
- Fat - 13 g
- Protein - 16 g
- Carbohydrates - 29 g
- Sugar - 2 g
- Dietary fibre - 1 g