- 58 min ago Special Cactus Recipe: How To Prepare Indian Style Cactus Fry
- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 28 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 11 hrs ago Pre-Shave Oil For The Smoothest Beard Finish: How To Use
- 15 hrs ago Actress Kriti Sanon Is A Dream In Pink Ethnic Wear - See Pics!
- Finance Paradeep Phosphates Shares Close Below Listing Price On Day 1 On Bourses
- Movies Aishwarya Rai Bachchan On Being Seen Less Onscreen: I Have Never Been The One To Play Into Perception
- Technology New JioFi Postpaid Plans Launched: Benefits Explained
- News Bus lane violation: 21,000 private buses fined in Delhi
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki’s Upcoming Creta Rival Will Sport Hybrid Powertrain
- Sports French Open: Alcaraz delivers 'absolute clinic' to crush Korda hopes in Roland Garros romp
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Dosa is regarded as one of the most nutritious and filling breakfast options. Though it comes under South Indian cuisines, it is widely eaten in many other parts of India and is made in different styles.
Split black gram is also known as urad dal, urad bean, uddu or black matpe. It is a black colour legume when whole and is dehusked to make dal, which is white in colour. The daal has a sticky texture and earthy flavour.
According to a study published in the journal Bioinformation, black gram is rich in compounds like proteins, crude fibre, flavonoids and minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, manganese, copper and zinc, which is responsible for its popularity as a health-promoting staple food. Dal is documented for its well-known antioxidant properties.
Let's take a look at the split black gram dosa recipe and must give it a try.
How To Make Split Black Gram Dosa?
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- One-fourth cup of split black gram.
- Two tablespoons of rice grains. This is optional.
- Water for soaking and blending.
- One-eighth teaspoon (around 4-5) of fenugreek or methi seeds.
- One green chilli (optional).
- A teaspoon of grated or chopped ginger.
- One-fourth teaspoon of cumin seeds or jeera.
- Two tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Two medium-sized chopped onions.
- Ghee or oil.
- Salt to taste.
- Rinse split black gram and rice grains.
- Add fenugreek seeds and allow them to soak in water for around two hours. Make sure to not soak urad dal for longer as it may cause dal to lose their vigour and fluffiness.
- After they are soaked, pour out the remaining water and rinse again with fresh water.
- In a blender, add both and grind them. Don't forget to add water bit by bit to form a smooth mixture.
- Add green chilli, ginger, cumin seeds and coriander leaves and blend again.
- Pour the batter into a vessel and add salt to taste.
- Make sure the batter has a smooth texture and medium consistency. If it is too thick, add a bit of water and if too thin, add a bit of besan.
- In an iron pan or chapati pan, add ghee or oil and spread the batter to form a round shape.
- Sprinkle some chopped onions over the top. You can also spread chillis and coriander leaves if you like in that way.
- Cook both sides of the dosa in a low to medium flame. Flip the dosa when it gets golden brown.
- Fold in a half and serve hot, either with coconut or coriander leaves chutney.
- 1. You can replace besan with rice flour or ragi flour if the mixture gets thin. However, make sure it is in little amounts. 2. Use the fresh batter to make dosa and avoid refrigeration. 3. Eat the dosa when hot as it often gets dry when cold.
- People - 2
- Calories - 182
- Fat - 2 g
- Protein - 12 g
- Carbohydrates - 28 g
- Fibre - 2 g
- Healthy Breakfast For Diabetic Moms: How To Prepare Drumstick Leaves Ragi Chapati
- Healthy Breakfast Recipe For Pregnant Women: How To Prepare Beetroot And Sesame Chapati
- Nutritional And Kid-Friendly Beetroot Paratha Recipe For Breakfast
- No Cooking Indian Recipe: How To Make Schezwan Paneer Sandwich
- Eggs On Sunday: How To Make Protein-Packed Egg Bread Toast For Breakfast
- Salad Special: How To Make Kidney Bean Salad
- Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Eggless Banana Pancakes
- Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Oats Upma
- Makar Sankranti 2021: How To Prepare Jaggery And Sesame Seed Paratha
- Importance Of Breakfast For Teenagers, What Parents Should Know And Easy Recipes
- Why Are Meals Prepared At Home The Best Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Benefits Of Mindful Eating And Ways To Make Your Mealtime A Healthy And Rewarding Experience